1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP 2019 Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Apr 24, 2018.

1. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

^^^ Suzuki screwing the pooch

BigBird and SGVRider like this.
  2. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

ftfy

BigBird likes this.
  3. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Are these Suzuki boys pants on head fucking retarded? Why do they even bother with their MotoGP project? The stars are never going to align for them like this again.

1. The bike is working really well and is competitive
    2. They have the chance to collaborate with an excellent satellite team to develop their machines
    3. They have a chance to pick up George Lorenzo on the cheap and stick him on a competitive bike that suits his riding style

If there’s a time to go for it, it’s now. Any one of those opportunities come along only every few years, all 3 at once won’t happen again for decades. This is why I think KTM will get a championship before Suzuki even though the Zook is currently a better bike. Suzuki just doesn’t care enough to win. Suzuki has the chance this year to do literally everything needed to make themselves a dominant force in MotoGP, and they’re just pissing it away. I feel pretty bad for the actual team. If the corporate honchos don’t want to win what the fuck are they doing pissing away money in MotoGP at all?

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  4. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more....

5. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

why isn't anyone talking about Dani? (retirement?!)

sure looks like VDS will end up with the satellite Yamahas.

which means Morbidelli AND Mir under the Yamaha/VR46 banner in the future.

where does Repsol turn after being spurned by Zarco?

6. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

Motomatters reported Suzuki boss Saraha-san had back problems and could not go to Jerez. I am still holding out for hope. If VDS doesn't make an announcement this weekend then I'd bet talks are still ongoing. It doesn't make any sense for a team to go with Yamaha with Rossi's retirement around the corner. I just hope Suzuki doesn't screw the pooch. Damn they make it hard to cheer for them....

7. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

What I don’t understand is why they bother to build a competitive bike and spend a bunch of money in MotoGP if they’re not going to go all the way. If they got a satellite team and actually committed they could be as competitive as Honda-Yamaha-Ducati are now. They can seize the moment, now. Another opportunity to partner with a satellite team of Marc VDS caliber who don’t want Yamahas or Hondas won’t come again for many, many years if ever. An all time great rider like Lorenzo won’t come at this type of discount again for many moons either. They need to grab both, quickly.

These Suzuki guys are some perplexing ass motherfuckers. I know they don’t have sweet piano, lawnmower, sugar water, or cigarette money like their rivals, but come on they could find the cash if they wanted to.

Speaking of which, how the fuck do they have their own oil product as title sponsor? The good satellite teams have real title sponsors for God’s sake.

8. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

They are saving their pennies so they can get back into the US auto market.

9. rcarson15

Oliviera to Tech3 KTM.. love the moves theyre making

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What does Suzuki's cash flow have to do with if VDS uses Suzukis or Yamahas? Suzuki doesn't pay VDS to use their bikes, VDS pays Suzuki (or Yamaha) for the bikes. (well, Dorna pays Suzuki but you get the point).

BigBird likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

VDS team manager said on live TV this morning that a deal is not signed, it will definitely be a constructor with blue bikes, and more likely Suzuki than Yamaha. I don't know where to people saying that the Suzuki deal is dead getting their information but it seems that at this point, nothing is decided yet.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Suzuki makes the most sense to me. You know you're going to lose Yamaha support as soon as Rossi moves up to running a motogp team and whispers are Yamaha charges you for everything you get from them. You're a source of income for Yamaha.

But hey, what do I know.

As for Suzuki running as Ecstar as opposed to another sponsor maybe they (and Motul) see more value in promoting their inhouse brand than they can collect from another sponsor? The value of marketing and selling Ecstar outweighs what (example here) a Mr. Pibbs would pay for that space?

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Between this article and that they were saying during FP3 that there are rumors that the Suzuki option is in jeopardy, they may need to go with Yamaha.

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/suzuki-satellite-team-unlikely-marc-vds-yamaha-1033358/

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

15. rcarson15

Any plans for Folger?

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not at Tech 3, that's for sure.

17. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Really? Because of his health or was there something else?

Surely his performance when he was healthy was good enough right?

18. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I'm assuming that waiting so late to announce that you wont be racing and putting Herve in a position of scrambling to find a rider, burned that bridge.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  19. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Yea I didn’t realize that was the scenario.

If that’s the case then I see the issue.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Poncharal was very, very sour about the late withdrawal. And when asked today about a teammate for Oliveira, he said this to had to go through the selection process but that he liked Syahrin. I think that if Folger was in the running, he would have mentioned his name too.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018