1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP 2019 Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Holy crapola, I'm hearing that Marc VDS might explode even before they get around to finding a bike supplier.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hadn't read that yet but yeah.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All I got out of that is Mr VDS can hook me up with lots of beer :D

5. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

I can't read creole, what does the article say?

6. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

Yeah, no shit....

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

8. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

9. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I honestly know nothing about that situation. I couldn't even begin to speculate. I need to talk to my main paddock connection.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I just heard from my friend. He said he actually had a talk with Marc VDS on Friday but he didn't feel comfortable bringing up the rumors so all he knows is the official position that the team is staying. But he also said that where there's smoke, there's usually fire and he remembers how Marc pulled out of car racing when he felt he was getting screwed.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Holy shit, GPOne allegedly reported (I can't find that on their site) that Bartholomy got fired. Rumors of shenanigans with the team's money. If there is even a shred of truth to that, I will be so incredibly not surprised. :D

13. dieterly

Oxley tweeted something similar...

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm not connected at all, but hasn't Bartholomy had lots of problems treating either rider or teams badly in the past?

15. dieterly

Mat Oxley tweeted the Speedweek story is mostly true, but it's more complicated than people think.

Other people tweet that in the past there has been money issues with the race car teams too---supposedly there a hearing (court?) in Belgium on the 14th.

16. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Who was he trying to bribe with it?

17. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

That was worrisome in that german article, only committed to 2021. Tea leaves. Worried about a melt down and low participation again. Definitely need the non-factory teams.

BigBird likes this.
  18. dieterly

19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Kalio was riding the 2019 KTM which is much faster... :)

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yea, Crashlow would have won on it. :crackup:

BigBird likes this.