1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 9 | Sachsenring | Germany | July 5 - 7

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jul 1, 2019.

1. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Not for doing it once. They have to exceed limits a couple times.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

So did everyone else not named Marc. Should they all retire too?

3. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Nah, just Rossi. Some of the others are still able to give Marc a run for his money.

4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I giggled.

5. Well, the Ducatis were like 16 seconds back from Marquez. I think he‘s keeping his money.

6. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Just wait a few. Vale will be on the box and all these folks will go quiet (temporarily).

nd4spd and motoboy like this.
  7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

It just saddens me. It is pretty much known that Rossi is not my favorite rider but sometimes the stupid gets so deep that I am forced in to defending the guy...:D

TLR67 likes this.
  8. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I think he’s just getting used to running at the front and having to manage his own pace. After his first season where he was injured most of the time he had to learn how to not throw it down the road every race. Then this year when he started routinely running at the front he had to learn how to not qualify in KTM/Aprilia land. Now he’s learning how to manage his pace right at the front. It’ll click for him soon. I have faith in Rins. This dude is going to win a championship and give Marquez fits.

Joan Mir is looking hella good too. Suzuki has played all their cards right. I just hope they keep up the momentum and don’t fall behind because of the lack of a satellite team and data.

OldSchlPunk likes this.
  9. SGVRider

These guys have the attention span of a pigeon. Rossi has 2 second places this season. It’s not like he hasn’t sniffed a podium for years. Yeah Vindaloo and the other Yamahas have done well 2 races in a row, but they’ve been consistently inconsistent for years now. They’re obviously doing better but I don’t really believe they’re anywhere near the level they used to be.

That being said, I don’t think that Rossi will continue past 2020. This Yamaha doesn’t work for him, and I can’t see Yamaha building a bike for him when they have Vindaloo and Quarterputo doing well. I believe that with a Yamaha that works well those 2 have significantly more outright pace. With a broken Yamaha, Valentino does better because of his experience. Many others on the grid also have significantly more outright pace, so I don’t think he’s ever again going to come as close to the ‘ship as he did in 2015. He can take podiums and the odd win, but he’s never going to sniff a title again.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I don't disagree with you at all. At 40 I am sure that every morning reminds him of tumbles thru gravel traps at a high rate of speed. That probably discourages him from attempting too many heroics on a bike that is not quite where he needs it to be. And I can not imagine him enjoying finishing that far down the field.
    That being said, if he has come to grips with the fact that some of the youngsters have passed him by but is still having fun why would he quit. He is still 6th in the standings after a string of 3 DNF's, fanatically adored by a huge contingent of fans, is loved by Yamaha, makes piles of cash and even though he is sorta a goofy looking fellow his dating history is full of fairly attractive women. Life ain't bad for Vale...

SGVRider likes this.
  11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Wow, such a brave statement, you're really going out on a limb with this one. LOL

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes because this would completely negate the current situation. As if magically everything leading up to it simply disappears.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes, because prior to the Germany round I completely forgot he experienced three successive DNFs. LOL Silly memory and all.

14. SGVRider

Yeah, he did, for a multitude of reasons. But he also podiumed this year. You also conveniently ignored the rest of the post where I generally agreed that it’s probably coming to the end. You’re also taking a recent snapshot and projecting it to mean something overall. I wouldn’t suggest Valentino should retire on the basis of a string of DNFs any more than I’m going to say the Yamaha is fixed because they did well the last 2 races.

George has had an even worse run than Valentino and I don’t think anyone is saying he should retire on that basis.

Yeah if he’s still competitive and enjoying it he should stick around. I just can’t see him enjoying this season though. If we don’t see marked improvement this year and next he’s going to say fuck this. Podiums and odd wins may be enough to keep him around, but odd podiums and strings of DNFs and 10th place finishes won’t. We’ll see.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

so who you got in 2020? This season is almost wrapped up. More than a 2 Race lead already.

16. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Yo G, how many races did you win and podiums did you stand on, and over how many years of racing AMA?

:D

17. #1StreetRacer

#1StreetRacer Active Member

I got Marc’s brother Alex in 2020. Brother vs brother, wouldn’t that be cool if he moved up? My older brother always has to compete with me in everything. Even though we freely share information, eventually the gloves come off.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

I'd probably throw my brother a bone here and there. So Maybe MM93 gifts his brother a chip. AMarquez is riding much better these days.

19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Seems like the bigger HP bikes suit him better for sure.

BigBird likes this.
  20. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Sure hope Rins keeps it upright in Brno.....not sure he's saved enough to retire yet.

Steeltoe likes this.