1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 4 | España| Jerez | May 3 - 5

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 29, 2019.

1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I can't believe no one is talking about that scary Moto2 start! While it was bad enough, it could have been much worse.

Looks like Pawi has a broken finger / hand and will be replaced by Pasini for tomorrow's Jerez test and at the France GP in two weeks. Anyone hear news on Gardner's condition?

2. Gardner has a concussion.

From where I was standing at race start, I couldn’t see the crashes, but I could HEAR them. It was awful.

3. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Just watched it. Seems Vinales and Rossi swapped bodies? Vinales had a good start and stayed at the front, Rossi started off badly and didnt make up ground until last 10 laps or so.
    Sucks for Patronas with the mechanical, and the other guy burned up his tires trying to keep up with Marquez.

But for the most part, snooze fest....

Also, not cool of Simon Crayfar outing Quartararo like that. "crying his eyes out..." Come on man...

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    Senna and cpettit like this.
  4. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Heading to LeMans in two weeks:

[​IMG]

badmoon692008, Senna, Phl218 and 7 others like this.
  5. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Rossi was doomed by his piss-poor qualifying. Too much work to do getting up through the order, and he struggled to get by Miller for quite a long time (lap 19, I think).

For the most part he was running similar laps to Vinales (mid 1:38's), so I think if he would have managed a second or maybe even third row start he could have contended for another podium.

BigBird likes this.
  6. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

And apparently not enough absorption if you are straight line braking on a Honda at Circuit of the Americas going into T11...

7. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

If Rins could get a better start I think he could give MM fits at a lot if tracks. He would be scary if he coukd qualify better...

Shocker and SGVRider like this.
  8. Rossi picked the wrong rear tire. It wasn’t hot enough for the hard compound. By the time it came in, it was too late.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

what tires were Quattro on?

10. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

badmoon692008 likes this.
  11. Medium rear, for sure. Don’t remember what they said his front tire was.

BigBird likes this.
  12. It was a bittersweet weekend for the Spanish fans. Moto3 and Moto2 were won by Italians, but MotoGP had an all-Spanish podium.

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

It is 'Not Cool' only if you hold it against him (Quartararo).

I'd be a tad upset if my chances to finishing second to MM in MotoGP got spoiled by a 25 cent part.....

BigBird and pscook like this.
  14. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

If Suzuki can consistently deliver a good bike and team to Rins, that dude is going to be an actual challenger. I have no doubt his qualifying will improve. I’d be overjoyed to see him be the one to make Marc work for the title this year. He won’t win it though, not because he’s not capable. It’s simple math. Marc wins the plurality of races and podiums the rest that he finishes. The races Marc doesn’t win are split between several rivals. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Alex finish top 3 though.

15. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

To spice things up a bit IIRC, Rins isn't exactly a fan of the Marquez family.

SGVRider and gixxerboy55 like this.
  16. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

There was a lot of crying in racing this past weekend.

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

And if your aunt had balls....

BigBird likes this.
  18. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Rins was on hard/hard.

19. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I wouldn't be crying, I would be breaking shit :D

20. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

I'm officially changing my less than enthusiastic Spaniard99 loyalties over to Spaniard42 from now on.

Phl218 likes this.