1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 4 | España| Jerez | May 3 - 5

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 29, 2019.

1. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I wouldn't say the fork stop sliding, there's still a good part of the ground's reaction vectoring through the forks' axis. Those cornering forces are why the bike is leaning over after all.

So the side flex isn't replacing the 'vertical' (wrong word here) forces, they're an added twist, if you will. You still want operating forks when leaned over.

2. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Wow....I haven’t had the chance to see the race yet, but I’d take it was snooze fest by the fact that you bozos are discussing fork cf layup affecting the engineered flex and ZERO talk of the actual race...

track wagon and MachineR1 like this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

it was a good race to watch. definitely has it's moments, and one of them is the leader clearing out. Some old bike near the top, and all of that.

Back to the important things.
    Top 4 Riders separated by 9 points for the Championship.

4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

While that is awesome, it sucks that it takes Marquez crashing out to make it that close. He's only had two challengers all season. Dovi at Qatar and himself :(

BigBird likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

to make it more interesting, they should put him on the KTM. That bike looks all out of sorts.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  6. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

The KTM gave Lorenzo some fits...

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Me on a bicycle could probably give Lorenzo some fits right now.

MachineR1 and Jedb like this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Lots of racing left but it sure feels as if MM has wrapped up the championship already. The other teams better figure something out before it really is too late. Yamaha, once again, seems to be chasing their tail.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

if that's true, someone forgot to check if the linkage still worked....oops. other than that, the bike worked well, as it was better than the rest except 1.

10. 600 dbl are

Impossible. They have the greatest development rider in the history of motorcycles. :Poke: :D

I am interested to know what has changed and why they are struggling. Neither of the factory riders are slouches.

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Right, like there's no engineering in racing.

It has no effect whatsoever.

None at all.

:D

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Well hells bells, lets save a lot of money and call the season now.

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Has anyone checked on his butler?

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes, because this is exactly the point I was making.
    Also, “let’s”? So you’re spending money to race in Moto GP? Who knew.

17. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I think that Jon, Danerys, Tormund and the others set all his dead butlers on fire last night..

cha0s#242 and Steeltoe like this.
  18. G 97

G 97 Garth

19. Steve H

Steve H Well-Known Member

Just for fun I checked the math...

At 45 degrees lean the active plane of the forks / swing arm will take 70 % of a bump.

At 65 degrees lean angle that drops to just 42 %

Maybe not too big of a deal for street bikes - but for MotoGP is for sure an issue

Phl218 likes this.
  20. 600 dbl are

Be nice. It's tough going from champion and championship contender to has been. Just ask Rossi :D