1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 15 | Buriram | Thailand | Oct 4 - 6

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 30, 2019.

1. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Maybe Jorge was just better cut out to ride Yamaha's

aaronson likes this.
  3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I could have finished second in the world championship more often than Randy Mamola if only someone had given me a GP bike.

4. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Maybe JL just needs to pull one spark plug wire if he needs to tame the engine.......Hey, it's worth a try.

5. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

Some crazy stats. Like the fast guy dominating club level.

14 podiums, 9 wins, 5 seconds, 1 DNF. On a bike no one else can consistently top 10 on.

Maybe Honda needs 2 Factory teams. Marc is a single rider on Team A(ss Kick) and Team B is a bike built for corner speed and handling so everyone else can play.

Oh, Marc 218 laps in first place. Next up Dovi, 33.

aaronson and Quicktoy like this.
  6. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Well Fabio lead ALL laps today except the last one AND all the laps of the last GP except the last one so there's at least 46 laps right there in first place unless you mean laps leading the championship and not races?

BigBird likes this.
  7. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

My bad, you're right. I saw Dovi listed 2nd and just assumed he was the high number cuz, you know, Dovi. He's at 33 laps.

Fabio is at 66 leading laps. 5 podiums, 3 seconds, 2 thirds. 4 Poles to MM93's 9.

Another interesting stat Petrux seems to have the most Km's covered in all races so far. I believe that means he is the only rider this year to finish all races?

Attached Files:

Quicktoy likes this.
  8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm no Marquez fan, but he is making a joke of the top-level series of this sport. I believe we are down to one alien now, and its him.

This season has been complete and total domination. I have to thank him for toying with Fabio all race long today, so at least it was somewhat entertaining.

track wagon and BigBird like this.
  9. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

so what has happened to crutchlow? he’s no where to be seen either.

10. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Seriously, Marc is on another level right now. We are witnessing the best motorcycle rider to date and I dont think he has reached the peak of his abilities.

Fabio will get there, especially if Yamaha gets him a bike that can do the straight line as well as Honda. I think Marc knows it as well. He hasn't been pushed since Lorenzo was riding a Yamaha.

Right now, the only one that can stop Marc's reign is himself. I can only imagine how badly he would destroy the field if he were on a Ducati...

Quicktoy and BigBird like this.
  11. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Wow. You’ve been around a long time.

motoboy likes this.
  12. BigBird

BigBird blah

8 Championships, dude is like 26. That is some amazing feat, and what 6 of them are premier class. Truly amazing to watch.
    If he won in 2015, it would have been 7 in a row, but that season was a learning lesson I guess.

And hearing MM93 say he was going for the win for the race and not worrying about finishing ahead of Dovi, but the entire field makes me admire his racer's race/red mist mentality.

At least the Yamaha is heading in the right direction. Considering Ducati should have done well here with that long straight, the Piano boys held their own.

Fabio for the best 2nd place rider! He'll probably win one before the end of the year.

MM93 #8ball or whatever Social media tag thing they used.

Sent from my smatrfone

MVA25, deathblow and Shocker like this.
  13. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Now that Marc has the championship, I don’t think anyone can win anything unless he crashes.

NemesisR6 and Shocker like this.
  14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Anyone watch the Moto3 race?

The penalty attributed to Binder Jr, I found, was a bit harsh, if not unwarranted.

He basically blockpassed Canet, was ahead of him. Canet didn't stand up and touched Binder.

If it weren't for the domino effect on McPhee & Suzuki, it probably wouldn't have been penalised.

lopitt85 and Shocker like this.
  15. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

That's what I'm thinking. He can easily match the race pace of anybody on the grid, and seems to have an extra 10% in the bag at the end.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he runs the table the final 4 rounds and ends up absolutely demolishing the all time single-season points record (383 by Lorenzo in 2010).......just another feather in his cap.

Quicktoy likes this.
  16. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

The Honda is "Marquez bike" 100%. He's faster this year than last year why? Because they developed it around what he told them to do. You think he gives a fluck what everybody else things when he's winning?

Quicktoy and BigBird like this.
  17. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Plus set the bar for the following stats;

• He just needs 59 more points this season to set the record for most points in a season (Currently held by Lorenzo).
    • 2 more wins to surpass Doohan's win total.
    • 2 more wins from pole to set the overall record (held by Doohan).
    • Needs another 38 points on Dovi to set the record for the largest points gap to second place in points (Currently held by Rossi from 2005).
    • 3 podiums away from setting the record for most podiums in a season (currently held by Rossi, Stoner, Lorenzo and Marquez).

scottn and BigBird like this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He was paying for his body of work. You can almost predict what's going to happen when he has to start from behind. In fact, the commentators here did.

19. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Winning is the whole point of racing.

TX Joose and BigBird like this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

I mean MM93 could have won the championship when he was in second place in this race :Poke: