1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 15 | Buriram | Thailand | Oct 4 - 6

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

What's the penalty if they go to an 8th engine? Start from the back? Start from Pit Lane?

If Marquez wraps up the title, why would they not take extra engines and extend their development time for 2020?
    Lorenzo should already be testing the 2020 engine, as I don't think he could be further back...

2. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

That I knew and I realize I phrased the question poorly.

Does the team take the parts that look functional and have them tested to see if they can be repurposed or do they just scrap everything. Considering everything is on a knife edge, I would imagine that they just bin everything (sans the engine) for safety sake.

3. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Cal delivers. :D

Clipboard01.jpg

5. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I thought that they couldn’t change the design of the engine once it was submitted at the beginning of the season?

6. Jedb

You could be correct. I don't know, which is why I posed the question. They may be able to take an 8th engine (albeit of the same design), but I was thinking they could take an 8th engine but with a new design/mods/upgrades/etc.

Anyone know the actual rule?

7. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

Engines are sealed

8. Jedb

Is there a penalty for bringing a non-sealed one, or is it just not allowed?

9. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

For bringing 1? Since they sometimes test next years engine the day immediately after racing, I doubt there is a penalty for having a non-sealed engine.

10. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

There’s a difference between testing parts in dedicated test sessions and running illegal parts during a race weekend. Besides that, Georgie ain’t running fast enough to test parts :crackup:

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  11. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Page 82/83 of the rulebook:
    "Each manufacturerme may receive approval for up to a maximum of three different specifications for the season. These different specifications may include specifications approved in a previous season provided that such engines comply with the current technical regulations.

Each manufacturer must nominate one team as its Factory Team and each rider inductee must use the same approved engine specification.

Each rider must nominate, before the first event of the season, one specification of approved engine to be used exclusively for the season. In teams other than the nominated Factory Team it is permitted that this specification may be different for each rider."

Phl218 and Quicktoy like this.
  13. Jedb

So, no, they can't bring and run test engines during a race weekend, regardless.

Thanks, Papa.

Quicktoy likes this.
  14. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

With the exception of the concession teams. KTM and Aprilia are currently allowed open engine development throughout the season.

Phl218 likes this.
  15. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Just catching up with FP 2 .. MM93 is a Bad Ass . :bow:

16. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

This supposed to be a world class circuit and they have people out there with brush brooms sweeping the water? No machinery???

17. Yes. Human powered. Totally organic.

track wagon likes this.
  18. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

It’s Thailand....doesn’t surprise me a bit

Actually pretty fascinating to watch what they can get done with the resources they have at hand...

track wagon likes this.
  19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Well that should shut up the"Yamaha is slow" crowd...

20. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Bring and run are 2 entirely different questions. Still no evidence they cant have a few test engines in a crate at the track.