1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2016 | Czech Republic| Brno | Aug 19-21

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Aug 16, 2016.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

100% refund?? Usually its $75 off your next set! :D

Why not mandate everyone on rains (hard or soft) and hose the damn track down to keep it wet for the 30 minute race? :D

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Can't say that Iannone didn't have courage or persistence.
    Good for him to keep it upright & bring it home with points.

BHP41 likes this.
  3. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I agree with this. If you are being lapped, you need to remove yourself from involvement with the leaders.

4. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Actually has nothing to do with Lorenzo. Ianonne's tire should never have looked like that.

5. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

And those time BS caught shit for the tires they brought, somehow Michelin gets a pass.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Just got a good laugh from my friend back from Brno. Maio Meregalli told him that Rossi was ecstatic when he crossed the finish line second place then he turned around and saw Marquez and said "merda!" :crackup:

Hawk518 and BHP41 like this.
  7. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Because NONE of the tires that Bridgestone provided at the time were up to par.

Michelin provided a tire that was built to do the job. Some riders decided not to use it and are refusing to accept the responsibility of their decision.

8. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Hmm If only Michelin had a tire available yesterday to deal with that condition. Oh yeah, they did, it was called the hard wet option.
    You want a tire that runs as fast as a slick in the rain it is going to have very tight specs where it works optimally. Outside those specs it will either not perform or fail.
    If you can design a tire to do it all in all conditions, you should start sending your resume out. You'll be doing what no one has been able to date and you should be rewarded handsomely for it.

Stop, Stop right there. You have your answer. No need to dive any deeper

If this thread has done anything, it's clarified Rob's motivations

9. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Rossi hater :D

10. tikki50

tikki50 Well-Known Member

OH and here I thought it was just Jlo getting used to retiring early, you know going to the duc and all. What a mess for him. I suggest turning down the music and perhaps stop listening to Rage Against the Machine, F you I won't do what you tell me! It's all I could think of when the crew chief was yelling at him to get back on the other bike. and Cal he totally reminds me of Cal Naughton JR from Talladaga Nights. Fun race to watch and Im not sure a dash message would have helped here.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Actually brakes - especially carbon - do work differently in different conditions and the rider does need to manage them properly. Same as tires...

A rain chunking on a drying track is not abnormal or unusual and is not the fault of the people supplying the tires when the rider/team chose the wrong one for conditions or did not ride the tire properly to conserve it. No different than any slick tire choice, you have to know what you're on and ride it properly.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Structural failure from misuse in this case. This isn't like slicks or DOT's delaminating in dry conditions.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bullshit.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed for our tires and riders, they're not getting GP stuff or going as fast on super soft rains.

15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The question for Michelin is do they bother developing a front soft rain tire that can take the extra punishment put into them by the wings only to have to undo that next season when the wings are banned?

Another question is were Dovi, Crazy Joe and JLo seeking out the puddles to keep the tires together or just pushing as hard as they can down the dry lines on the straights? As other have said, Marquez was looking for wet patches to keep his tires cool and it paid off with a 3rd place finish.

16. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Still not as fast, but I'm talking top level MotoAmerica racers in 20+ lap races. Almost no tread left, but not often delaminated. Taylor Knapp did the entire Laguna Race 1 last year on a rain front as the track dried and it was destroyed beyond recognition, but he finished third anyway. We did have a Dunlop front delaminate/chunk this year and Dunlop said there was probably trash in the glue layer and the tread came off. It happens. Tires are far from perfect. Michelin will get after it and do what it takes to make sure it doesn't happen again, of that I'm sure. There's way too much at stake for them.

BHP41 likes this.
  17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

There's only a handful of people who can verify this, but all will say with certainty, NOTHING puts force into a tire like a modern GP bike. Their performance is so far above even WSBK that you can hardly compare the two.

RM Racing likes this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's a narrower gap in the rain, though.

19. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Hey Rob, if it is any consolation, Jorge won the test!

20. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I was under the impression if you ran a rain tire in the dry, it would pretty much look like Crazy Joe's front tire.