1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | ROUND 07 | Infineon | 12-13 Aug

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Aug 12, 2017.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You'd think they'd write a manual, or send a tech...

ruckusracing likes this.
  2. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

Hahaha, you'd think. But instead it was very snobby and short answers. "It works for us and we requested the parameters as it is built". Basically, your a stupid American team and we are the SBK factory team.

3. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Last year Gagne and RRF were trying out a new to them traction control system correct?

I see why they made the jump to Honda. The promise of being a factory team and working with Ten Kate. However, I wish Red Bull helped Jake go over seas if he is interested in it.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Interesting to know if they ended up with slower lap times trying to make the MM ECU work as opposed to a simpler reflashed OEM ECU they used the year before.

bbsteinnewyork likes this.
  5. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Is there any chance of the 2 class bullshit going away next year?

The 600 class is brutal to watch, I hope they can fix it.

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about broasters, but the way they talk about it during the broadcast it seems like meens problem is funding, to have the advanced electronics.
    But I could be way off

7. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I would, but the bitterness and guile here tends to keep me in the background. Suffice to say there are some truthful posts and some really funny ones. MotoAmerica is relatively healthy and we're all glad that the racing is so close. 1000 STK is really tight and really really challenging. Toughest class I've ever worked. Come out and see for yourself if you can.

stk0308, scottn, cajun636 and 11 others like this.
  8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

The SSTk class this weekend both 600 and 1000 was the best Racing there... I say they leave them alone...

Steady T and Boman Forklift like this.
  9. Up to Laguna Seca every permanent rider on the Superbike/Superstock grid except for the 4 Factory Superbikes were on flashed or kit/oem-based ecus.

It's possible that Barrier's new bikes are on something more advanced than a BMW ecu. Other than his team, there is no info to suggest that anything changed for Laguna or Sonoma.

10. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

It would be nice if we could actually watch more of the racing in those classes instead of getting the parade laps of the 3 factory guys up front running superbike/supersport

5axis and TLR67 like this.
  11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Bien did it this weekend.... At least for the 600 Race.... Best race of the year IMO.... Very little coverage of Gerloff, Beach and the Frenchy.... BIEN did a outstanding Job IMO... I think they got the message....

badmoon692008 likes this.
  12. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

Have you watched any of the races from Laguna or Sonoma?

13. badmoon692008

I did watch Laguna, I think I fell asleep halfway through the Saturday race and didn't bother to watch on Sunday. I didn't get a chance to watch Sonoma, so if this is true then I'm excited to watch them once they get uploaded.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Will they upload them? The highlights are up. I didn't see the races.

15. badmoon692008

I thought they all went up on Youtube a week or two after the races

r6boater likes this.
  16. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

I think I was told 5-6 days is how long they have to wait. At least that's how long it usually takes for the KTM races to get posted.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

You will be happy... Especially for Sundays races...

badmoon692008 likes this.
  19. busa99

busa99 Well-Known Member

SuperStock races were awesome this wk and the coverage was very good. However, if you are trying to gain spectators/average fans the two races in one takes something away from the viewing experience. We all know the difference in bikes and equipment and can appreciate what those guys are doing but for a casual fan in attendance or tuning in, it would have been better if it was it's own race. That being said, I do understand why it is how it is at this time. I just hope that the sport can continue to grow until we are able to support 2 separate races.

R1Racer99 and badmoon692008 like this.
  20. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Man, I couldn't disagree more. Count the number of Superbikes. Now count the number of Superstock. Now imagine totally separate races, and the large gaps between bikes. The 'average' spectator likely doesn't really care, nor can tell the difference from trackside, which is which. They'll certainly notice the long periods of quiet as the bikes went by. I would also think the more informed spectator would appreciate how tough it is for the SSTK guys to actually compete for overall podiums against factory bikes. It's impressive in my book (putting aside one of them repeatedly torpedoing the factory teams).