1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | ROUND 07 | Infineon | 12-13 Aug

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Aug 12, 2017.

1. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

You should read the rules and then respond. Your missing about half of the bike....

2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

No kidding. And I don't know as much as you know, Rick.

3. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Ok. So why is the tobc r1 inferior to the westby r1?

4. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

I do not think that means what you think it means.

5. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I don't know shit about the bike but it looks to me like Eslick needs to cut back on the cheeseburgers, and the PBRs...

hotnail likes this.
  6. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

You will see at least one of them on R1 next year....from the way he has been riding, my guess is Gerloff.

7. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Graves 2018, 2 sbks, 2 ss1ks, 2 hot rod 600s. Thats what im thinking sounds good.

8. cartmen34

cartmen34 Well-Known Member

If this is true I really hope somebody else steps up in sstk and the 600s. And that's coming from a bigtime Yamaha fan. Don't want to see 1 team dominate 75% of the classes.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Westby, Latus and M4 should do with their SSTK rider what Meen did with Herrin this year. :D

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

What's that? Scold him for the Belly Pan's of Dirt? Ameen is not that harsh trust me.....:beer:

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I was hoping more along the lines of upgrade their bikes to Superbike-spec. If for no other reason than I just like to see more fancy bits on the bikes :D

TLR67 likes this.
  12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

They mentioned during the broadcast that westby will be superbike next year

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yeah I remember that.....fingers crossed.

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I hope that works better for them, than it did for Meen and Broaster Chicken. Seems getting those electronics to work at that level is very difficult. Meen has Richard Stamboli, who built his own MotoGP bike, and they seem to still be having problems with the electronics.

Aussie Dave dropped back down to SSTK as well, and so did M4 Suzuki.

15. ruckusracing

Richard built his w a Motec system. Much simpler than the Magnelli stuff. From my friends at the pointy end...the MM stuff is very complex

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'd be really happy if either MA would do whatever it takes to bring two or three more full factory teams to SBK (Ducati, Kawasaki, Honda, BMW), OR, if they'd go spec ECU so the privateers had a legitimate chance at placing higher than 5th when a Yosh or Graves bike doesn't crash.

17. ruckusracing

Doubtful, on the spec ecu....unless World SBK does.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

And I'm pretty sure Kawasaki threatened to leave it WSBK did that, so it'll never happen.

19. ruckusracing

Hahaha. Reminds me of Honda and the GP series

20. ruckusracing

I think the struggle is learning the language of the WSBK spec systems. I was told by a rider on a factory bike that the system that they were required to run acted completely different than the MM stuff they had been running. So much so that time was spent just to figure out how to change basic stuff like auto blip and such!