1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | ROUND 07 | Infineon | 12-13 Aug

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Aug 12, 2017.

1. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

yes he is...

2. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Now take a look at the 42hp KTMs ripping through there and figure how hard they are running... about 98mph...42hp

hotnail likes this.
  3. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Man, I hope Gagne gets on a real bike before his career is ruined. What the f was that move by Herrin in the video? Boy that was dumb.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It was back at VIR. He actually used it to effect on a couple of people before coming up on Elias, when he tried it on him he just jammed it in there without really having the same amount of room he did with the other guys it worked on.

5. cartmen34

cartmen34 Well-Known Member

While simply riding an R1 doesn't mean instant success at their level, I do wonder why the team switched from the R1 to the Honda in the off-season. Nobody has really been consistently fast on it in any pro or international series (at least that I've heard of).

Promise of help from the Honda factory perhaps?

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

They had a miserable season on the R1 superbike last year.

7. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Any info on what happened to Gagne on the cool down lap?

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He crashed. You're welcome

MELK-MAN, MGM and In Your Corner like this.
  9. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Well played. You are as clever as you are tall.

badmoon692008 and 418 like this.
  10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

11. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

So you are saying. Westby R1> tobc R1 ?

12. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Without a doubt

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I thought the point of Superstock was that they could only do limited mods to the bike. How much better of a bike can be built within the confines of the ruleset between 2 R1's?

14. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

I've often wondered that. Is it the bike or Danny? Doesn't make sense seeing him struggle so much.

15. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Ok then. I know very little about tobc so perhaps I was wrong in expecting them to be very similar to westby.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

No idea....I mean I think they are both running similar spec Ohlins suspension I think. Danny's bike has an Arrow exhaust and Mathew's is Yosh. I think they both have FTECU reflashed OEM ECU's since those can be replaced with aftermarket, otherwise the motor has to be pretty much stock. I believe clamps, swingarm and rear linkage has to remain stock so can't meddle with geometry too much. Danny has Brembo calipers and Matthew has Hayes. Beyond that how much meaningful modifications are there to be made?

17. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

This thread is cracking me up.

DDK732, renegade17, caferace and 2 others like this.
  18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

19. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

We are the armchair quarterbacks and your the expert! We self admittedly don't know squat!

20. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Any chance in bestowing some knowledge on us simple folk? :D

hotnail and 5axis like this.