1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica FINALE - Barber Motorsports Park - Sept 20-22 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Sep 17, 2019.

1. You ever price out a used moto 3 bike? You can build a good jr cup bike cheaper than the front end. I like your thinking just moto 2 /3 bikes are way too expensive.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Lol wut??

Teams are dropping out because it’s too expensive to run a top shelf R6 so your solution is moto3 bikes that are 3 times as expensive and unobtanium and Moto2 bikes that are 4 times as expensive and even more unobtanium?

Plus why would the other manufacturers stay in at all if they were running Triumph engines?

Lol you didn’t type that with seriousness did you??

r6boater, stk0308, rcarson15 and 3 others like this.
  3. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

The other problem is all the negative social media whining and stuff. Even the crap with the twins class. Imagine you have a sponsor on the hook , a pretty large company . Do you not think they will or have some company do due diligence and check demographics , social media and such? When the read some of the crap do you really think they would think it's a good investment. Even JU I think figured it out since his company and race team rely on a strong race series. I have not seen or heard a negative word about MA , in the past he beat up AMA Ohio and DMG which was justified. I'm sure even JU has issues with MA but has kept it behind closed doors.

r6boater likes this.
  4. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Oh you are so right, because everything else they've done has worked so well!

KTM ran a Moto2 bike with a Triumph engine, right?

5. But if he was that good he’d have been on better teams with better equipment. I’ve followed his career quite closely and some was bad luck others were bad choices (or lack of options) and others were not producing results. PJ’s statements leave him open to getting torn apart. Some are legit while others he is talking out his ass. He was set up for success early on and it didn’t materialize like expected. Some was bad timing as well. He went over at a bad time and it just got worse (economically). I feel for the guy but he isn’t doing himself any favors spouting off with comments that make no sense at all.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  6. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

Maybe all you dealer types should quit spending money on bullshit and sponsor a super bike team .

Nick_OMC and TLR67 like this.
  7. Yes they did and they also realize it was a mistake and pulled the plug.

8. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

Are you smoking something ? KTM is doing it for exposure at races in Europe and Asia where they sell more units. Do you really think a US Distributor would do that your delusional

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

These guys are correct, moto2 and 3 stuff is way too much. I bought Tyler's R6 with ohlins, flashed ecu, PC5 and rearsets for 5k, had to buy bodywork, and have an engine rebuilt to get started.

If we would have had to spend 40 to 70k on a used Moto2/3, we could have never made the jump.

10. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Well Steve Jobs credited drugs for his break through thinking so sure, why not. Waiting for a better idea. Oh yeah, no 1 else has any.

In the meantime, Moto2 bikes would have the lap times of US Superbikes but much more competitive racing.

So, what do FIM CEV Moto2/3 bikes cost?

11. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

And raised their investment in Moto3.

12. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Brandon Paasch is leading BSB Moto 3 points and ran the Moto 3 GP at Silverstone this year. Seems like he's on a decent trajectory.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  13. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

If the average racer can't afford to race now how will they be able to afford those bikes. it's not about lap times ! It's about close racing with more than a couple fast teams. it's ten plus fighting for the lead within a sec or so between them.

turbulence likes this.
  14. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

My proposal still had 1000SS, Twins, and Junior Cup for the average racers. The goal would be to put a grid of 20 plus bikes with tight racing for the true pros, not just the 5-6 competitive machines we have today.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  15. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

It's a club race class , how many entries are in it. I like Brandon but that is a deceiving stat . It's not a top shelf class . I think he was like dead last in the Moto 3 GP

rcarson15, Pitmom42 and khill like this.
  16. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

love him or hate him.. PJ says what's on his mind. Have to admire that even if it rubs some the wrong way. And Barry G. is a f-in rock star...

very true, but on different tires, a decision made to do the race pretty much last minute, no real baseline to go on especially considering different tires... when .5sec can separate the leader, and not even scoring a point..
    that statement you make is a "lil deceiving". True nonetheless, but not really taking all aspects of what an undertaking it was into consideration.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  17. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

It wasn't long ago Toni was throwing temper-tantrums about losing to Cam.

18. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Not sure if it's been brought up yet... and DT has been strangely quiet, but Kris Turner and Parrish rode the wheels off their bikes. I admit, I was stoked to see Barnes sit back and observe the hard racin, and sneak on the podium at the end, but fuk.. those 2 guys wanted the win. And it showed.

TurboBlew, jksoft, rcarson15 and 3 others like this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

AMA Pro Racing use to send out a prospective outlining all the demographics and what not. I mean a pretty comprehensive detailed five page full color graphic report. In the end, it all boils down to discretionary income and budgeting. It's not like the motorcycle manufactures are with out not and don't posses the resources to determine their market place Etc. So all the other "outside" business need to step up or earn their place respectively. Imho

20. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Moto 2 could just be 600ss, no way actual Moto2 bikes would work, but no need for them anyway with 600ss. Moto 3 could just be Jr cup, but twins need a home so........ahh frick it just leave it the way it is.:D

MELK-MAN likes this.