1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica FINALE - Barber Motorsports Park - Sept 20-22 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Sep 17, 2019.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I’ll clarify my statement. I was not referring to the “racer/race experience” - I was referring to the administrative aspects and responding to comments made regarding the long term viability of MA.

I’m glad to hear they are responsive to the racers and teams wants and concerns.

For the record, I have very much enjoyed the racing’ and purchased the MA Live the last three rounds so I could watch the clapped out Hammer SV and AD win the Twins Cup.

Gino230 and r6boater like this.
  2. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Don't get confused, they are talking about WERA endurance.

MotoAmerica has a quick start procedure (like after the twins cup red flag) where we did as you described. My bike got to 230 degrees- I was just waiting for it to boil over.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  3. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

rcarson15 likes this.
  4. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

5. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

You're right. I didn't pay attention to the Euro date stamp and thought it was from February.

6. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

What ever gave you that idea? :crackup:

For example the leader could fall and the bike stops in a critically dangerous position not particuarly damaged and the rider uninjured, still warranting a red flag. In the previous rules by taking the classification one lap before the red flag the rider would be on pole for the restart – now they re-start from back.”

Lol....

MELK-MAN likes this.
  7. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Small correction in regards to what engine comes with the an ex-HRC bike, you can get the engine minus the world championship head...

8. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

At the Kawasaki dealer meeting this week they said that ZX6 sales were up 75% and have overtaken the R6 for the best selling Middleweight Supersport bike in America.

That's pretty significant since that segment has been in decline for many years now. Perhaps the $9,999 price tag is a clue to how to rejuvenate 600 sales. Graves was there as well showing their turn key race bikes. Their ZX6 build is starting at around $23K (which includes the price of the bike). Maybe the 600 market isn't quite ready to die yet.

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

If they pay enough contingency next year, could be a change in MA too.

10. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Is there a big difference to the European spec ZX-6R like the previous generation?

11. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

So, the ZX6 (600) was discontinued in the US market in 2013 when the 636 was released.

There are some differences between the 600 and 636 but there’s also a lot of carry over parts. The most significant differences between the two are the rear linkage, forks and upper triple clamp. The ECU on the 636 uses CAN BUS while the 600 does not. Also, there’s no upper injectors on the 636.

The 2019 636 was the update and it was basically bodywork, addition of a quick shifter and reduced price.

12. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Those are some extremely significant changes. I know the 636 here tends to have chatter problems. I wonder if you put their hard parts with our 636 engine (assuming the frame is the same?) if it solves that. Also I wonder if race orgs still count that as OEM parts that wouldn't DQ it out of Supersport.

13. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

I’ve worked a little with Graves while they tested with Debise on their MA spec 636. Chatter was never an issue and he was running MA podium level times at Sonoma.

14. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I think the chatter issue is all due to setup as well. Im sure there are a few that have figured out the right suspension setting to get them handling great without chatter issues.

15. I was referring to racing side of it, I think the sub 10k price tag was brilliant.

16. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Dunlop, Pirelli, Michelin, that one I didn't like cold. Unsafe, not so much...