1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Was your JR cup bike built to win races? Cause I built 2 last year so they are pretty fresh in my mind and I know the owner has about $25 k in each one. Built from Salvage bikes from Fastway.
    Wait, my bad, I just read where you didnt state "to win races or run at the front" so yes you can qualify in MotoAmerica on a subpar bike, but generally the idea and goals ar to run up front right? Otherwise why go through the effort when you can run up front in club racing?

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Its not a personal attack, its just a fact that goes for like 80% of the people in MotoAmerica lol

But exactly, you have around $20k or so in your bike and even with the right rider, it aint running up front. Ask Stefano what his ZX6 has done to it and how much hes got in them and he gets good deals.

AndrewG725 likes this.
  3. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Their ;)

Bugslayer, Quicktoy and AC1108 like this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Funny how owners of GP teams have always said that same shit. Anyone remember how Nicky finally got a European ride? Or how many people never thought Spies could do shit?

Yeah, you're being overly dramatic. Riding is riding, and there sure as hell is nothing wrong with riding in a class that arguably draws more fans than all the others even if it's a side show.

AndrewG725 and Chazzz like this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Tell me you don't have the slightest clue about professional motorsports without saying you have no clue about professional motorsports....

No one gives a shit about you or you being a fan of the sport. Not the sponsors, not the organizers. They want the non whining know nothings who are drawn to the spectacle. They want the performers with personality as well as skill. Not to mention - no one gives a shit about US riders on the world stage unless they can be enough of a draw to being in money. Personality like Nicky or SB skills like Ben. They are selling entertainment and that's it. There is no deserve, there is no "oh the US riders just need more support". What the US riders need is the drive to be either the best on any motorcycle anywhere or the ability to entertain the fuck out of everyone while being able to ride decently. Colin didn't keep racing as long as he did because he was the fastest. Same for a tone of riders from all over the world.

As for the US in general, it will never ever be the same as Europe and trying to compare the two is idiotic at this point. Also the nation of 350 million has no one in F1 because no one gives a shit about F1 here, US fans aren't into roadracing. Why should they? Hell, F1 is more boring than NASCAR if you're not into the technology of it all.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The investment in Nicky to get him to GPs paid off. :)

I remember talking to the manager at a sunglass store that the girlies kept trying to steal an almost life size cardboard Nicky.
    Do they know who he is?
    Nope, they just love the way he looks. :crackup:

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There are dozens of schools that do what Kenny was the only one doing. There are more bikes on racetracks and more training out there than ever in the history in this country.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh good lord. No wonder you don't know shit. :crackup: Even some journalists I'm friends with are clueless about the entirety of this sport because they're too focused on one small portion of it.

Johnny B likes this.
  9. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Well, the US does have one driver in F1, but it is more of a charity case. Logan Sargent, Williams F1 Team

Badger911GT3 likes this.
  10. L1MTD

L1MTD Well-Known Member

Oh, so now we are using facts?!

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I want to make it clear than @StanTheMan 's post was the vessel, not the target of said sarcasm.

p.s. Some don't even realize that their argument is essentially "take the baggers away because the fans liked them more than superbike racing."

Last edited: Jan 4, 2024
    AndrewG725 and backbone like this.
  12. L1MTD

L1MTD Well-Known Member

This will sound like I’m trying to be a wise ass but I’m serious and think this would push bagger interest through the roof:

-all bikes have to have a fully operational, 4 speaker minimum, stereo system.

-all riders/teams have to select a playlist to play for the duration of each race

-audience and trackside fans use an app to vote for most kickass play list

-winner of the best play list is worth 1-3 final grid places depending on track/grid size

-meaning you might win the actual race but be relegated based off sub-par/overuse of Credence or Zeppelin

-also, all bikes need a swinging cup holder on the handle bars and must container either coffee or a full sugared soda. (No diet!)

-you will be penalized for an fl oz lost during the race or overuse of creamer and sweetener in coffees (random testing at rounds for diet sodas)

Yeti and Stanley sponsorship battles would be stuff of legend. Same with Kenwood and Clarion etc.

13. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

How many of these are specifically designed for the US riders headed to Europe, versus those that can pay the fee to attend?

14. mrrogers

mrrogers Active Member

Currently there's no rule that says they can't have a sound system.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  15. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

You forgot tassels.
    Nothing screams road oiler like girlie tassels.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They all teach the skills that will get a rider to Europe - there's nothing special about them so why do people keep bringing it up?

AndrewG725 likes this.
  17. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

You are delirious if you think Joe Bob's Flat Track Race Day Weiners is on par with attending KR Sr.'s ranch back in the day.

18. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Inconceivable!

19. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Also need a "get back whip"

get back whip.jpg

20. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

Also, the US already has one F1 team, with a second team (Andretti) likely to join in the next few years.

With all due respect to Mongo, I don't know how he can say "no one gives a shit about F1 here."

F1 viewership in the US has doubled in the last 5 years: https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-...p has essentially doubled,in the fall of 2022.

The F1 race in Austin in 2023 had over 430,000 attend: https://f1destinations.com/2023-uni...of The,year's weekend, which 440,000 attended..

Sure, if you want to compare F1's popularity with the big 3 sports (football, basketball, baseball) then I guess you could say that. But F1 attendance and viewership is on par with Nascar, and growing while Nascar's is shrinking.