1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

I guess I'll start...

Is Cam P out of a job? Is JD Beach going to be #3 bike on Attack team?

The love story between Scholtzy and Westby coming to an end?

Corey Alexander staying with Tytler's? There was speakings of him having to race on timed out engines, etc due to parts shortage. i.e. sloppy seconds from his two teammates.

Is Ashton Yates going anywhere?

Has Gange even singed for 2024?

Who's gonna give Hayden Gillim a real SBK ride?

Discuss and add...

Namarow likes this.
  2. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Yes.:D

I like Cam P, but I think JD would be much more competitive on the 2nd Attack machine.

Namarow likes this.
  3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Is Blake staying in twins cup or moving to SS ? Kayla also?

Namarow likes this.
  4. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

In the COTA paddock peeps were saying that Estenson was buying into Wesby and adding to that stable. There were a few people in the Orange Cat suite discussing it and one was a Dunlop tech. Big Chuck loves Matty but need to get him, just like Cam P, a racing head coach. Both are fast but need to get over a mental hurdle possibly. Before Kayla jumped off the MP13 bike I had here pegged for a spot at Westby on R6 but not sure where that figures in now with Tytlers. Im thinking that Hayden might be OK as Im sure he is doing good with some of the Harley money and them letting him do other things too. Jakes not going anywhere I feel... Blue Blood at this point. I would say the thing I am most curious is if Chris and John have funding for next year.

Namarow and 418 like this.
  5. humblepie

humblepie Well-Known Member

Would be very surprised Estenson doing anything other than dirt tracking (work there). On other hand, far as I know, no riders signed, or technicians for '24

6. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

Believe they said on the broadcast Ty Scott is returning to the same team and bike next year.

7. kirk erlinger

kirk erlinger Well-Known Member

Didn't Greg & JP podcast allude to 1 possibly 2 Ducati SBK teams for '24?

JH4 please race again in '24
    Blake to SSprt, gotta happen don't you think?
    Cam P deserves another shot on Attack, who else? How about a 3 bike SBK Attack team w/JD?!
    Westby/Estenson sounds great, love Matty but think its time for a change?
    Tytler should remain the same. PJ and Corey deserve to stay. So does Mesa but on which bike?
    Kayla has proved she can race in SSprt but could she be heading to Europe? A wise big time sponsor would be smart to hitch their wagon to her
    Hayden Gillim, please put him on a real SBK
    Ty Scott got an education this year, it'll be fun watching him rip next year
    M4 team looks great, Paasch did fantastic & 54 is awesome
    Rocco as much as drama kid he is, also should be in SSprt

I was supposed to win the Billion $$ MegaPowerBall thingy a few months ago then everyone would have a ride

Looking forward to seeing some MotoA riders at Jennings over the next several months!!

Namarow and BigBird like this.
  8. Hartluck36

Hartluck36 Well-Known Member

dont think blake can race twins again. I think once you win the class twice you have to move up.

Shenanigans likes this.
  9. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

Cam P is out of contract - no word or mention on if he has a contact on the table

Attack and and Gagne are out of contract - both have offers w/ Yamaha to return and most likely will stay (Per Stanboli)

Rocco allegedly has an offer to ride HSBK Ducati SS next season

Namarow, Shenanigans, 5axis and 2 others like this.
  10. Irate

Irate Member

I thought Cam P was guaranteed for next year, that's why he was comfortable getting surgery and missing time?

418 likes this.
  11. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

We should start hearing alot of interesting stuff here soon. Heard alot interesting rumors this weekend. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Namarow, Gino230 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  12. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

The last thing Rocco needs is Josh Herrin for a "mentor"

VFR#52, CRA_Fizzer, 418 and 2 others like this.
  13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Has any team in US superbike ran a 3 person team since Yosh had Mladin/Hayden/Young back in 2009?

14. Hartluck36

Hartluck36 Well-Known Member

tytlers bmw did it this year. pj, cam and corey

Namarow, koth442 and 418 like this.
  15. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

shit, if it means he'll actually grid up in his proper class I'll take it.

Namarow likes this.
  16. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I can think of worse mentors than a multi-time National Champ.

Namarow likes this.
  17. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I would like to see:
    Estenson team up with Westby. Beach and Scholz on SBK since I think they would all benefit from more data from 2 riders.
    Estenson team up with Squid Hunter with Hayes and Yaakov in SSP.
    M4 stays with what they have in both classes. They have a really solid 4 riders.
    Tytlers continues with their 3 SBK riders, Mesa and Rocco in Stk 1000 and SBK Cup
    Warhorse with Herrin and Fores in SBK. They also need a 2 rider team for data. If Ducati wants a SSP then look at Mazz, he goes well on a twin.
    Disrupt with Gillim and Lewis in SBK and Rispoli in STk1000 and SBK Cup with V&H support and Rispoli and Gillim defending in Baggers and Lewis on an HD in Hooligans.
    Other riders that could do well on a good team are Davis, all 3 Wymans, Doyle, Smith and podium finisher Flinders.

stk0308 likes this.
  18. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

It was my understanding from the most recent MA podcast that Tommy actually setup Dallas Daniels and put the money down for him to be at NJ. Maybe I misheard that because I was driving 95 mph in the pouring rain back to Philly.

19. Michael Hausknecht

Michael Hausknecht Well-Known Member

Just thinking out loud: Blake has two MA Championships and Kayla has none, and is roughly a year younger than Blake. I think the world of both of them and think they both have a bright future, but I think Blake is a little closer to being ready to compete for wins in SSP than Kayla. My most fervent hope is that Kayla will get a good ride in Europe; Blake isn't nearly as far down that road as Kayla at this point.

stk0308 likes this.
  20. 418

418 Expert #59

At one point I thought the Westby situation fell squarely on Matty's shoulders. After seeing some of the behind the scenes stuff on Pressure to Rise, I'm not so sure anymore. They seem to do some bush league shit at times.

VFR#52 and kirk erlinger like this.