1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

That's spread through multiple classes in MA and AFT. It's still a bunch of money.

stk0308 and Gino230 like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's simple. Viewership numbers don't justify their involvement at this point.

AndrewG725 likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Exactly. They can spend less and sell more with some moron influencer.

AndrewG725 likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Of course it does, stick and ball sports take nothing more than open space to play and minimal outlay for equipment.

The toxicity is more you than the sport. Seriously. This sport at every level is extremely welcoming and is family. Dysfunctional for sure but family all the same. Granted I'm talking racing not the drama fuilled track day shit I've seen happens (also not remotely saying that is most trackdays either).

cav115 likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Meh, Yates and Tripp came up through us, Bostroms and Z man through flat track. The 883 stuff was just a fun step along the way.

AndrewG725 likes this.
  6. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

If that's the case it's pretty much all MA, then. There might be one person dragging an old HD XG out of mothballs to run around at the back of the pack in AFT. But, they might get a little money that way, so, who am I to throw stones.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Meh, the ben spent too much time over there - no one thought he had what it takes when he went either. Same statements about how there was no one who could do it and on and on.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We've given free tickets away to all sorts of groups, they don't actually work.

AndrewG725 and cav115 like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

While that will prevent people from trying it that has nothing remotely to do with enjoying watching it. The main problem is roadracing takes effort to be a fan of - especially in person. You'll never be able to grab some huge chunk of fans quickly.

AndrewG725 and grasshopper like this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ignore the idiot naysayers. Pro racing in the US is in better shape with more exposure than it's ever been.

cav115 likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Never lost a rider in 12 that I remember but yeah, the impacts there were brutal sounding/feeling.

ToofPic likes this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

All true but I was simplifying it all for the masses.
    Same as KR junior and edwards were WERA but everyone glosses that over.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Isn't there also much better show money for Moto2/3?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Only reason I have multiples is to make sure we can get to and from the track if one or more gets stolen or even just flagged.

stickboy274 likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, Edwards for sure. CMRA and us. JR was more Cali based then with us when SR was mad at AMA :D

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The stickers and patches war! One of the best things to happen to me. :crackup:

17. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

All we can do as enthusiasts is continue to expose people to the sport that aren't aware of it and curious what it's about. Every little but helps... hopefully. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Sean.

Gino230 and JBall like this.
  18. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

Random: I was at Road Atlanta and saw Edwards win his first (?) Future Stars event. He was so much faster than 2nd place (who was rumored to be an experienced racer from Japan) it was unbelievable.

A faded memory but I also saw Tommy Hayden at Nelson Ledges that year (WERA too, I think), so small he had to sit off the side of his 125 in the tech line. IIRC, there was some drama published later in RRW about how old he was. I'm not sure if Nicky (even younger) was racing too.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I think everyone “knew” about Tommy and Nicky’s ages but almost no one gave a shit.

Colin pissed a lot of people off when he showed up the the RC30. That bitch was not a stock RC30. :D

Ducman851 and Mike Fennell like this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Exactly. Same to you!