1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

Fair, thank you for some context

2. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

Even 30 years ago, I remember reading that a particular very fast mid-atlantic guy would be a sponsor's nightmare (or something to that effect) and that's why he wasn't getting a paid ride. A couple too many hits to the head to remember for sure, but I could swear it was an Ulrich quote.

3. Hartluck36

Hartluck36 Well-Known Member

im sure there were some people that wouldnt get rides because of that but for the majority if you could win races you had a paid ride. but there again thats when there was plenty of money in the sport as well and a ton of teams in the paddock.

Mike Fennell and Boman Forklift like this.
  4. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

So it's obvious you don't think Kayla has the chops.
    What about Patricia F? She has done nothing. Does she still deserve a ride?

ungwaha likes this.
  5. Hartluck36

Hartluck36 Well-Known Member

That’s easy nope.

koth442 and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  6. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

The ability to promote yourself is all important in today's racing enviroment. She has it. Rocco does not. She will go further than him in the sport.

Once a Wanker.., 5axis and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I think she first came to the States to race motocross after having a lot of success in the UK.

8. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

9. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Clarification; from AMA Pro Racing and MotoAmerica sites:

AMA Pro Racing:
    In 2008, the American Motorcyclist Association announced the sale of certain parts of its professional racing properties to AMA Pro Racing, based in Daytona Beach, Fla. The move was brought about by the need for the association to place the management of professional racing in the hands of a well-resourced motorsports entertainment company.

From Wikipedia:
    From 2009 to 2014, the Daytona Motorsports Group was the organizer under supervision of the AMA. The AMA, not pleased with motorcycle counts and participation in their events, stripped the DMG organization of the sanction and awarded it to a new organization led by Wayne Rainey, KRAVE, with assistance from Dorna (which organises the FIM MotoGP and World Superbike Championships).

MotoAmerica:
    MotoAmerica is officially sanctioned by the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) and the Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM).

In addition, MotoAmerica embraces the storied history of AMA production-based motorcycle road racing. Superbike racing got its start in the United States, and MotoAmerica is not only proud to be stewards of the sport’s rich heritage, but also the catalyst and guiding force for its future.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Gifted? The other people in the race weren't trying to win it?

11. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Personally, l always raced for 4th place. I'm too shy to get on the podium.

YamahaRick and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  12. BigBird

BigBird blah

Looks like T1, T6, The Bowl/Octopus

upload_2023-10-19_12-52-8.png

13. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

Gifted with rain. Again, my point is all of her best finishes in both classes were in rain races. In the dry she had a lot of work to do and was pretty far off the leader, so to sit here and say she is 1-A for all open seats, will go father than than the likes of Landers etc. is ridiculous.

14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is WAY easier to win rain races. That's how you know someone has less talent - they win in the rain.

15. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

I do think she COULD have the chops but not right now for a top tier supersport ride. Its like Rocco and the attack fill in ride, yea would be awesome but I dont think theyve demonstrated enough to get that quite yet.

And bruv, dont worry, I will be miles off it and look like a dummy when they announce her next week or whenever and she wins the title;)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2023
    ducnut and BigBird like this.
  16. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

[QUOTE="Basura, post: 6133189, member: 91741 She had a decent season that would be viewed different if she wasnt gifted a few rain results..[/QUOTE]

Was this statement purposefully ignorant or have you never raced in the rain, much less Podiumed?

there’s never ever “gifted” results in the rain that I can think of. Not only that but it’s a mental battle as well.

Once a Wanker.., Basura, 418 and 5 others like this.
  17. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

she ain’t running near the front, and she isn’t the future of the sport.

she’s fast and a great person, but I think even she would say she’s in it for the love of the sport.

koth442 and 418 like this.
  18. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Are you still talking about Kayla? Far off the leader in the dry? Am I watching different races?

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  19. L1MTD

L1MTD Well-Known Member

Lol……..first I’ve ever heard doing well in the rain in any type of racing meant you actually weren’t good at said racing.

Sorta always thought it meant the opposite. Wild wild place, the Internet.

20. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

you tell me, what do the results and lap times show?