1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Its my understanding that one of them(terry/byron) own the race shop the other one owns the exhaust performance parts side. IDK

2. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

This thread needs that meme where the guy and girl are walking and the dude is looking back at another girl. The guy is MotoAmerica, the girl he is walking with is Superbike, the girl the guy turns to look at is Baggers... Im too old to do that shit myself but I bet @AndrewG725 has the youth to make it happen!

3. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

The premier class.
    baggers premier class.jpg

Attached Files:

4. AndrewG725

AndrewG725 Well-Known Member

lmao. He beat me to it

05Yamabomber likes this.
  5. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

IMG_6725.jpeg

AndrewG725 likes this.
  6. Ducman851

KneeDragger_c69 and 05Yamabomber like this.
  7. Ducman851

You can’t beat this thread IMG_6728.jpeg

8. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

JD and Cam were hooked up one session on Friday, came by me at the entrance to T1. I'm rolling off on my 600 and they were holding it flat down to the apex, (traction control popping.) That was impressive. I've seen Geoff May do it on his Buell SB too. Homestead is a short track for Superbike, those boys were absolutely flying. I can't imagine the braking zone going into T8, must have been nuts. They were in the 23's on Friday and that's with some of the bikes in the "Advanced" session having kickstands.

After my shoulder troubles, I was just stoked to the moon that I could ride. I packed it in after Friday, not ready for a full 3 days yet. Now I'm pumped for Daytona!

tl1098, KneeDragger_c69, 418 and 6 others like this.
  9. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

This right here!

@Namarow what you're suggesting has all been done already. Superbike with WSB weekend, Superbike with MotoGP. Dorna has said thanks, but no thanks. Yes, MA has stated goals to bring riders to the world stage, but MA is a business and they can't achieve any of these goals without MONEY in the bank. Baggers are currently bringing that money.

Maybe it is NASCAR on two wheels- if it brings 1/4 of the NASCAR fans, sponsors, and money, that's fine with me. There will always be sport bike classes for us "purists".

Go to a round and watch the baggers- they are exciting. This year will be even better with all the talent in the class. If it brings the fans I'm all for it.

This is going to be PR gold for MotoAmerica- The MotoGP guys will be photographed, interviewed, filmed sitting on baggers. If they do a European bagger round, will that shut everyone up about Americans Winning in Europe??

stk0308, 418 and Bugslayer like this.
  10. PatricksDad

PatricksDad Won’t die a blob

Very few watching or attending will stop because of a bagger class. However, new fans of that class will almost surely find something else in the traditional classes to keep them coming back and spending their dollars.

ETA I understand the scheduling conflicts are the biggest hurdle to overcome, but that’s a solution I don’t have any idea for fixing.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2024
    SundaySocial, Gino230 and HPPT like this.
  11. During the Xmas holidays a we were out for a spin in the mountains in my buddies C8 Z06 (which he can’t drive for shit and shouldn’t be allowed to own). We in the deals gap “area”- I’m bit over an hour from there and avoid that place at all costs. No lap records for me. Long story short he likes bikes has a raptor quad that he will ride. Do a couple donuts on and park. Maybe has 5 hours on it in 3 years. That type of demographic. I got him into following MA and last year he even paid for the app. We pull up to this big old guess it’s some popular gas station restaurant. Tons of cars and bikes on a nice Saturday. He’s a finance guy so this fit. He said there is the perfect snap shot of what you were taking about with fan base and disposable income. There were 5 or 6 baggers decked out. I’d not even want to guess the money in paint a couple had let alone audio. And mechanical. Every one had wheels. These were old white dude guys that at least seem to put some miles on their bikes so no whatever 26 ? 30? Front wheels but all had forged alum wheels. All had aftermarket brakes. All had air cleaner pipes and listening to the guys seems for that group iys a “must” to have some dude they all go to to custom map the bike.
    Group of “crotch rocket” guys. One dude on a V4 s Zx-10s, nicely done R1.
    He says perspective. All tbese guys are talking about “buy one of each from the Ducati boutique” so they know when you put down the helmet you paid full retail on that you are the king of the non fat latte.
    One guy was talking about saving up for a Ti pipe vs his slip on.
    He says. Did you catch that? I hope that “America moto” series marketing team pays ateentikn to stuff like this. Cater a bit more to the people who have a much larger disposable income but in the process make sure you treat the ones who don’t yet have it well too. Once you gain a fan make sure they stay a fan with good value for when they spend money on your product, especially when it’s a larger portion of their disposable income and they do have to think twice about the ticket cost of a family of 4. One day most of those will be the guys who don’t even notice or think twice about paying $50 for premium parking or dropping $250 on swag at the vendor trailers.

12. They love baggers over there. To them it’s like wearing Levi’s and cowboy boots. If we could have gun racks on them and maybe allow the riders to shoot a 44 mag at each other (with matching sponsor livery of course) at each other and maybe a sig of moonshine from a mason jar on the straights it would be viewership global domination :)
    The fans who understand racing are mesmerizing what they can do on track with a bagger and it’s a very “American class” as a lot stereo type it. Then add it non American riders and you get this great demographic mix. Not being political here at all but spending a lot of my time over last 25-30 years all over the world you get a good sense on how other countries / cultures view the US. A lot of them dislike “loud and obnoxious” Americans but sure as shit love and are usually downright jealous of the freedoms this great place allows us to have. The amount of Levi’s and other American stuff I’ve brought overseas to work colleagues is crazy. None of the shits even made here but “Levi’s from America” are quite coveted in a lot of places. I don’t give a shit how they view us, just somehow spend money on our series and I’ll be happy.

Gino230 likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Pretty useful. :D

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  14. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Baggers racing with the MotoGP bikes at COTA.

15. grapemustard

grapemustard Well-Known Member

no shit?

16. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I don't have any data to back this up, but I doubt that someone coming over for Baggers specifically is going to stick around for Superbikes if Baggers go away. I'm sure the appearance and aesthetic matters to most Baggers fans.

rohorn and PatricksDad like this.
  17. rohorn

rohorn Well-Known Member

Harley fans are into Harleys, not motorcycles.

My only question is when (Rather than "If") either factory team gets wandelled and the whole thing collapses without the unsustainable cubic ton of money that class devours.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2024
    Namarow likes this.
  18. rohorn

rohorn Well-Known Member

Fads last forever and always worth investing in and selling out your core customers...

disco-stu-trends.jpg

v4.jpg

19. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

I think baggers should be two-up. JH4 and Mellissa V Kyle and Hannah and so on. They can decide who gets to steer. :)

Nick_OMC, Circacee, koth442 and 2 others like this.
  20. backbone

backbone scarred for life

bdr.thing.png

These are next