1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2021 | Road Atlanta | April 30-May 2

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Apr 23, 2021.

1. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

From what I've heard, Gagne has been faster than Herrin at every test and has made a step since last year. Also his leg injury is pretty much healed. He will be up front. I think we have 5 or 6 riders that can easily fight for win if they can keep it on two wheels. I'm curious to see how Cam P adapts to the Superbike. This weekend is going to be AWESOME.

Boman Forklift and kirk erlinger like this.
  2. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Fong in SuperBike
    SDK in SS.
    Rocco was fast at Daytona, he is a very talented kid. However they are back to running a family racing operation without the support of professional crew (Team Hammer). I think they will win a race or two by the season's end.

Twins: Kaleb is my buddy, and he's got the talent, desire to win, and work ethic like you wouldn't believe. But the Apes have not seen a racetrack for any kind of test before they roll out for Friday morning practice. They are barely going to be ready. If they get lucky and don't have problems, Kaleb will do the double. If they don't, I see Teagg Hobbs and Parrish as the big contenders for the first weekend.

Bob Fisher in Baggers!

Chino52405 likes this.
  3. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Has anyone seen the viewing schedule for Friday?

I signed into my MA Live and didn't see anything but at the same time I may have just missed it?

4. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

5. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Good prediction with Teagg, he'll have a fast motor and a developed bike. Just tell Kaleb he has a whole season to win and don't toss it away trying to over-ride an under-developed bike. Score some points and prep for season domination as the season progresses.

I'm going to go with a Gagne / Fong split for SBK.

6. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I'm on the Fong train but I think we're forgetting Matty S.. That dude was beasting until Indy last year.

evakat likes this.
  7. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

And I think Jackson is hurt?

Did you see Teagg battling with those animals for the lead in the Daytona 200? He's ready to ATTACK!

8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Yeah he's hurt, he'll be at vir

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I haven’t read about any preseason tests, and like I said Ineouldnt be surprised if he steps out of Beaubier’s shadow and light it up.

I really think for a change superbike could have the best racing and I can’t remember that being the case in a very long, long, LONG time.

TX Joose likes this.
  10. Phl218

Phl218 .

Kid and I are heading over there after the MGP race Sunday... @TLR67 I will find ya

TLR67 likes this.
  11. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Scholtz does well at ATL too, since 2018 his worst result is 4th. Hasn't won but has put it on the box consistently

12. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Junior Cup question. I see Tyler Scott is entered on a KTM 390. Is that bike competitive against the Ninja 400, and if so, why aren't more being used with all those KTM Cup bikes from a few years ago floating around?
    Other than a few R3s, that class seems to be all Kawis.
    What say the all knowing beeb?

13. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

the 400 is limited on revs but its still a dominating bike. The R3 get concessions like a pretty well setup motor from new piston, head work but its still prob down a tad on power, the RC390 sounds like a horrible idea lol.

14. Spang308

Thanks. That's why I asked. He's "future superbike pro star promising" and I was trying to figure out if he's on a capable bike or not.
    Puzzling...

15. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

He has a very very strong ktm connection I believe

16. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

^^ I know the R version of the 390 wasn't terrible in the hands of Dumas - the cup bikes would not be competitive but the R maybe? Do they allow any more modifications like the R3

17. Spang308

The family dealership is Kawasaki, Yamaha, Honda, Husky and KTM. Maybe the "strong" KTM connection is via racing Red Bull Rookies Cup last year.

18. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I think the KTMs are a little higher maintenance but they should be on par. There were a few in WSS 300 that were mixing it up with the others up front.

19. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

Saw my first Ape being raced at CCS autobahn this last weekend. Jody Barry was stupid fast on it but it looked sketch as hell with no bodywork, a jerry-rigged belly pan, and a ziptied number plate.

Gino230 likes this.
  20. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

They are still waiting on the bodywork to arrive. First time that bike was out at the track and he was still on the stock tires.
    I think he will do very well on it this year