1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2021 | Road Atlanta | April 30-May 2

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Apr 23, 2021.

1. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I reckon this needs its own thread as the season starts for real. Each class (sans JC) seems pretty stacked. Who y'all got?

I'm going with:
    SBK: Fong/Gagne
    SSP: Escalante x2
    Stock 1000: Lee/Gilbert
    Twins: De Karel (sp?) and Parrish
    JC: Toth / Wyman
    Baggers: O'Hara/ Barnes

malamute and Dragginass like this.
  2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Yeah, next weekend, but mods should leave it so you can feel like an idjit.

SBK: Baz x 2
    SSP: Escalante x 2
    Stock 1000: Mesa / Lewis
    Twins: Blackmon / De Keyrel
    Jr Cup: Wyman / Gloddy
    Baggers: Gillim (only 1 race)

rafa likes this.
  3. racerx13

racerx13 Well-Known Member

Max toth will be on the podium for junior cup and twins. He’s gonna be opening up some eyes this season.

henry_carlson likes this.
  4. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Tyler Scott is fast as hell too. This is his first stab at JC.

5. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

SBK: Baz/ Gagne
    SS: Escalante/ Landers
    Stock 1000: Corey x2
    Twins: De Keyrel x2
    JC: Toth/ Gloddy

6. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

You misspelled 'O'Hara'. :Poke:

7. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

You really think Landers is going to get a win his first round on the R6?

I think he'll get some this year but not until a handful or rounds or one if his favorite tracks.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  8. henry_carlson

Yes I do, after watching them shave so much time off at Daytona I think they will get the bike dialed in and he will collect a win on the second day.

9. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

SBK: Baz/Gagne
    SSP: Escalante x 2
    Stock 1000: Mesa / Lewis
    Twins: Schultz / De Keyrel
    Jr Cup: Bicknese / Gloddy
    Baggers: I'll watch for fun, zero care who wins

rafa likes this.
  10. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Someone needs to put Gillim back on a proper bike. That dude can roll. If they put him on a 600 or 1000 he'd run up front

11. CBRGriff

CBRGriff Well-Known Member

Man the next 7 days cant pass fast enough. Hoping to be there Friday around lunch if anyone wants a :beer:.

Phl218 likes this.
  12. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

SBK: Gagne X 2
    SSP: Escalante/SDK (Rocco with a podium MAYBE in race 2, but I'd guess later in the season - a win, mebbe this year.
    Stock 1000: Alexander/Lewis
    Twins: De Keyrel X 2
    Jr Cup: Gloddy X 2 - hopefully young Max Van up in the mix as well as Kohlstead (I used to race with him at the Ridge when he was a tiny kid)
    Baggers: meh... O'Hara again I guess? More of a train-wreck scenario for my interest in it.

J*D* likes this.
  13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I would love to see him do it, but IMO there isn't a chance in hell. I've never run there, so I could be talking out my a.., but current repaved Daytona on a 600, is much easier to learn, versus the old bumpy days on a 1000 where you had to know the smoother ways around the track. Also at Chuckwalla a couple months ago, he was top 5 not 1st place, which is still super respectable, since the guys in front of him were all MA riders too.

Now I know the Landers practice a bunch, so he will get closer, but IMO Escalante and SDK aren't going to be beat by him for awhile, unless they crash out.

I'm willing to put money on it if you want? I actually hope I'm wrong, as it will be super exciting and I really like Stoney and Rocco.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    badmoon692008 and henry_carlson like this.
  14. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

He opened our eyes last year when he yeeeeted himself at Laguna Seca, in turn 1.

15. grasshopper

Give the bagger class a little more credit. These teams are building full blow superbikes. Wyman said they were running times at Laguna fast enough to qualify in 600sp and stk1000. In an interview with Gregg and Jason he said he couldn't touch the ground on the damn thing they have it raised so high for ground clearance. LOL

The Great One likes this.
  16. henry_carlson

No bettor here, it ruins my ability to enjoy the race haha. I think that Stoney is underrated at his ability to get the bike dialed in, I listened to a pod with Stoney and he said they weren't getting the bike in time for Daytona. So, seeing him make that progress on his first ride at Daytona is promising to me. Now that he has actually been able to train/race on his bike and did indeed win at Chuck this past weekend I believe it could happen sooner rather than later.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  17. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I'm not doubting the skill and boatload of money poured into the bikes.

I'm not questioning the riders asked to pilot them.

It's a question for me of having no interest in polishing a turd. It's the same reason I don't enjoy spectacles like Spam eating contests, bodybuilding competitions, or lawnmower races - just not my jam.

Thistle and Mike Lafayette like this.
  18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Cool, I didn't know about this past weekend, what were the laptimes? Also who was he racing against?

Stoney is awesome and unlike you, I haven't seen Rocco ride in person for a few years, only on TV. I only saw the results from chuckie last month or two months ago, I didn't see him in person or hear about any bike setup issues they may have had.

EDIT: I just looked it up, didn't realize there was a race. The fast guys were not there in the 600 class, so the wins were a given. However, on Saturday he was laying down much faster times than he was 2-3 months ago. He actually hit a 45.9 in one race on the 6oo and that has to be close to record pace, will have to look it up. He ran 47's in one race and in a 1000 race, Gilbert won doing 45's and Rocco did 46's. So I would say he has already improved a bunch like you said.

2nd Edit: I looked and Rocco did set the record when he did the 45. Thanks for mentioning there was a race last weekend.

Should be a good season. Since he already knows all the MA tracks and they seem to have found a good setup, it will be interesting. I still don't think he will win his first weekend but I do think he can put it on the box.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  19. grasshopper

Don't underestimate the speed of a properly built and setup lawnmower. LOL

20. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I miss watching some good old USLMRA action on Speedvision.