1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2019 Provisional Schedule

Discussion in 'General' started by Yama-saurus, Nov 8, 2018.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

It's fine with me either way since I stay at the track now. I just know you mentioned moving it to the week later so wanted to check.
    Any chance of any CMP dates?

ruckusracing likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We hope so but haven't gotten the official word yet. Worst case we've got a bunch of meetings/HoF stuff/banquet up there the first weekend of December and we'll get a decision then.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No CMP. Every time we try the racers don't show up. We've got enough in the SE to not keep wasting the money. Sucks because I like the place.

4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I understand completely. If they would pave the place and stop being stupid, alot more people would show up.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno, people are weird about it. Even after the changes they just don't like it.

6. Not sure I get the humor or sarcasm here, but ok.

7. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

Just agreeing with Eddie , it’s quite a write up on who would do what at TGP.

8. Of course nobody knows what Rossi would do at Tally. It was more of a follow up to similar comments I have seen in the past. Like when Canepa ran a :12 at Jennings, I remember hearing people say shit like "Rossi could probably run a 0:59 on his MotoGP bike"...as if MotoGP bikes could somehow defy the laws of physics.

It was simply a comment made for the sake of conversation, because I was bored. Not every post has to be a world changing revelation.

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I know what he would do.... he would sweet talk the Mayor of Munford across the street on his arrival for a 3 mile expansion with a dirt track on the inside.. then he would jump on a tractor and Plow a 1/2 mile Viva La Fia sign in the cornfield. He would proceed to the old concession stand and finish his corn dog and wash it down with a 6 ft straw dipped in the rusty VP tank. His helicopter would proceed to land and unload his bikes where he would start at Turn 5. After his first lap at .46 the bridge would fall and the fish would fly out of the creek.. all of the Deer from Mt. Cheah will run down and be hyptotized from the sound waves of the M1.

10. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Those are some good pain meds!

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That was straight up awesome!!!

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Lol ... I actually refused them.. just Advil and Tylenol here....

t11ravis likes this.
  13. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Holy crap! I had a Nineties flashback until i read Barber instead of Memphis!:crackup:

14. Pitdad42

Pitdad42 Well-Known Member

I believe DeSalvo actually ran a :55 the week that he and Elana spent there testing on the Triumphs a few years ago. Just not official, since it was not a race.

15. I am pretty sure he ran a low :57 that weekend, we talked about it afterwards. Nobody has ever ran a :55 around Talladega in this current configuration (and I don't believe anyone ever did with the old configuration either).

16. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Ehh, hasnt been a lot of fast people there in the last ten years to push the record either....
    I remember Jensen going a low 56 there ten years ago....
    Tires have gotten better since then also.

17. There are probably a few people who might not appreciate being considered “not fast”. DiSalvo, Fong, Myers, Knapp, Junge, West, Opie, Hunt, Stokes, Ethridge, just to name a few off the top of my head.

18. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

How many of them were on the track together like back in 2008 when the WERA nationals were stacked and Jensen set the track record???

You act like 55’s arent possible or would be just the limit of what could be done.... thats not reality.
    Fact is most of the ones you mentioned were in the same race with Jensen when he went that 56.3....
    Hell even at that point in time if Spies, Mladdin, Young or Hayes had been there it would have been a track record in the 55’s more than likely. Certainly at this pount in time Herrin, Cameron, Elias or Schultz could get it done if given the oportunity.

19. Most of them were on track together. The grids were stacked back then. Hunt set the lap record at Roebling (I believe it was 2009) when all of those guys were on track together.

Opie has more laps around there than anyone, and the lap record bounced between him and Jensen several times. He been there many times since Jensen set the record that still stands. He has had some great battles with some of those guys mentioned (and others), and hasn’t ran a :55 yet.

Show me exactly where I said “:55’s are not possible”.

I said nobody has ran a :55 there. There is a big difference between “nobody has” and “nobody can”.

I specifically said if Elias was to go there and put effort into it, I am sure he could break the lap record.

I am sure Mladin, Hayes, and Spies could have back in the day too. So I am not exactly sure what you are trying to argue.

20. Pitdad42

Pitdad42 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, maybe my memory of a conversation is failing me. Or, someone was embellishing. Or, your wrong. I'd actually lean towards the first two.