1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2019 Provisional Schedule

Discussion in 'General' started by Yama-saurus, Nov 8, 2018.

1. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Planning on the Quadruple Crown for 19 Sean?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Quintuple! Actually not planning anything until we hear from MA what their plans are. I'm hopeful but that's about it, the two day thing doesn't look promising for us time wise nor does going to multiple races for the twins and 1k's. Fun while it lasted though :D

TLR67 and Pitmom42 like this.
  3. HoyaXC07

HoyaXC07 Well-Known Member

Here's hoping the 2-3-4 crown can go down next year. If so, I'm heading to each race. I had a total blast last year and I'm looking forward to 2019.

TLR67 likes this.
  4. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

RRW is reporting that SBK, SS, and Jr will still get 2 races each for the 2 day format.

I checked the number of sessions and it pretty much matches what was accomplished in 2017 with Group1 & Group2 for STK600, the LCQs, and support classes. so it'll probably be 2 very busy days, but not impossible.

5. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Wonder if SB's will get out of 1st gear :D
    That track is worthless without straight and first 3 corners.

6. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

1 practice, 1 qualifying and 1 race for twins. That is less than what they had this year.

7. That sucks.

So how much track time total is that for the weekend?

8. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

There is talk of giving two races a weekend to twins and Stock 1000 during 3-day events.

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

last year. the practices were 35min and qual was 25-30 I think

10. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

hopefully that's just on the 2 day weekends.

11. The schedule must not be finalized yet, I didn't see TalladegaGP on there anywhere.

12. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Finalized? You talking about the WERA schedule that hasn't been tenatized yet?

13. Nope.

I am looking forward to the MA race at Tally.

14. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Would be interesting to see Toni's laptimes there.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cutting to two days they'll have to cut track time for everyone.

lonewrench likes this.
  16. Tally is like Jennings. It is relatively inexpensive to rent, and the weather is good for most of the year. There have been several AMA SBK riders testing at Tally over the years. I believe Fong tested there last year. From what I remember, he was quick, but didn't get near the lap record (still held by Jensen on a proper Superbike, I think it is somewhere around a :56.7).

The track is so short that HP isn't a big factor, and because it is so short, the faster you go the harder it is to make up time. DiSalvo has a ton of laps around there also, we used to hold schools there, and he was never able to break the lap record.

It is very easy to go from a 1:12 to a 1:08, then relatively easy to go from a 1:08 to a 1:05. Once you get under a 1:05, it starts to get more difficult to find time. Then it gets very hard to find time once you get to the 1:02 level. There are racers who have been going there for years and never gotten under a :02. Then once you get close to the 1:00 barrier, it is exceptionally difficult. You might spend a whole weekend chasing setup and only gain 0.2.

I am sure with enough time and effort, Toni could break the lap record, but it wouldn't be easy. If he did, I doubt he would knock much time off of it. There is a point where no matter who it is and what bike they are riding, you are getting to the extent of the laws of physics, traction, and lean angles. Like, put Rossi at Tally on his M1 and I still doubt we would see sub :54 lap times.

17. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Thank you for this epic contribution.

:D

JJJerry, 418 and 5axis like this.
  18. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

so... break or nah? :D

19. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

No shit

20. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

So your point is..Marquez would run 52's? :crackup:

Anywho, I doubt MA would want go go there. I think they'd go to Fontana before that.