1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2017!

Discussion in 'General' started by mino6466, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Chip

Chip Registered

I would guess Latus is getting bikes, parts, and contingency. The fact that Kawasaki is saying nothing about a private team finishing on the Superbike podium on a superstock bike tells me there is no official involvement.

Notice the lack of Yamaha logos on the KWR bikes.

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Was this the same team that won the D200 with said blackout bike? As I recall Yamaha scrambled to cut a deal so they could capitalize on that win.

3. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Pascarella on the project 1 atlanta team?

stk0308 likes this.
  4. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

I hope they held Yamaha over the fire just from spite. "Oh, NOW you need us".

stk0308 likes this.
  5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yamaha needed P1A so bad that P1A folded and didn't even make the next race.

Who needed who. :D

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They never intended to do the entire season I don't believe.

stk0308 likes this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Maybe not at first but they did try and get some sponsorship / funding to continue at least to the next round if not a couple more. When that didn't come together Perry pulled the plug and got hired on at Buell.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What's that got to do with Yamaha?

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Nothing. Other then P1A needed Yamaha more then Yamaha needed P1A - even after they won the d200. (read post #184)

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Still not seeing a need, he set the team up to win the 200 and did so.

11. They are actually de valuing sponsorship dollars. Never understood that one either.

12. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Was able to find an add buried in Cycle News..page 50-51 http://magazine.cyclenews.com/i/815139-cycle-news-2017-issue16-april-25

13. Agreed.

The same is true even at our level. If a decal is on my bike, it is because they give me shit or cash.

IMO, the guys that pay full price for stuff then put stickers all over their bike (to make it look cool) just devalue/hurt things for everyone.

Why should companies give support if everybody and their brother is advertising for free.

Joe Lopez likes this.
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes, and after doing just this, they needed additional funding to continue which they didn't get and then folded. If they could have received the funding / support needed they would have continued.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay so they needed Yamaha more than Yamaha needed them. Same is true for Suzuki or Kawasaki or Honda or or or.... :crackup:

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Exactly. :D

17. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

How is it that Bobby Fong's SStk1000 bike can hang with the SB's on acceleration? Is he on the gas that much sooner to be able to hang with them? I would think his bike is down 10-15% in power, but maybe its a lot less than that. I know from seeing him race at COTA it does not look to be down any power to the SuperBikes.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Might be able to put more of his power down compared to the superbikes if they're on the same spec tires.

19. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Come in guys. He is on Kawasaki, far superior than any Yamaha or Suzuki will ever be.
    He is rscing superstock only to give a chance to the superbikes, else it would be a snooze fest

Gorilla George, masshole and stk0308 like this.