1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto America - NJMP - Sept 7-8 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Watching the slow mo replay. Olmedos foot hit the back of Rocco’s tail. That could have been even worse

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  2. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

That was a crazy finish. I thought Olemdo was going to get him right up to the point when the back started stepping out. Bummed for Damian and Dominic as they were all there for the podium battle.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I wasn't harping on Mladin so to speak....it was the level of modification of the bikes 10 years ago compared to now since people complain about racing being too expensive causing the dwindling SBK grids.

4. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Junior cup never fails to deliver! Exciting stuff

Superbikeorbust and Ducman851 like this.
  5. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Nope. Field was way deeper and more talented back then. Every single factory had 2 bikes running the series. Now there’s 4-5 factory bikes. Elias is talented no doubt but he only has a couple of guys to beat.

6. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

:crackup:

7. Ducman851

And Rocco never fails to deliver as well

“I’m gonna go get a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup”

8. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

NJMP was a brand new surface ten years ago. Now it has grass growing out of cracks. It makes a big difference. Watkins Glen and VIR were over 3 seconds a lap faster with a repave.

9. Hoffman900

There are a lot of chump riders and teams in Moto 2? Haha. Wow.

10. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

How many are capable of winning on a consistent basis week in and week out? Go ahead, I’ll wait. How many champions go on to whip everyone’s ass in MotoGP?

11. Hoffman900

None, and Mladin didn’t either. Last I remember, Nicky pretty much had Mladin in his hand.

Let’s use the twisted logic I’ve learned this place likes, but to defend Toni:

Toni could beat Nicky in Moto GP when things were clicking, Toni won a Moto 2 Championship, Toni also won a 125 championship. Toni could beat others who regularly beat Nicky. Nicky beat Mladin regularly.

Therefore, Toni is faster than Maldin. Haha.

Do I believe that? No, but I think he’s every bit as good, and Maldin didn’t really dominate until pretty much Honda and Kawasaki pulled out for the most part.

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Would love for NJMP to get a repave. I didn't get to ride it those first 3 years after its construction, never turned a lap on it until 2011.

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yammie's are off to a strong start....Elias gonna have his hands full today I'm thinking.

14. Hoffman900

Kind of crazy that the Suzuki still doesn't like that new tire. Go back and watch the races from 2017 and they looked so much more composed and their lap times were quicker.

I wonder if this is a Yosh problem? I know Yosh Japan won't let them design new parts without their approval or with them doing it themselves (suspension links, etc). From what I was told, seemed very bureaucratic.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  15. Hoffman900

I feel like Garrett is doing to Cam what he did to JD.

Dragginass likes this.
  16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

EDIT: N/M

Garrett has always run good at NJMP, just proving it again today.

17. Hoffman900

No way there isn’t going to be fireworks in Supersport today.

Edit: yep. Already starting.

18. Ducman851

They’re not shying away from rubbing

19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Gilliam just throws it away.

20. Hoffman900

PJ is riding the smartest race so far. Seemed like he saw the nonsense, sat back, and now will start making some moves.

Ducman851 likes this.