1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More proof CA is full of morons

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Mar 10, 2021.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

CR750 likes this.
  2. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

I'm sure this is going to go well. :Pop:

3. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

A bit hyperbolic.
    Most stuff people do at home is still OK
    Oil change
    Coolant change
    Brakes,
    etc.

A stupid rule to be sure, but the headline is very misleading clickbait.

TurboBlew likes this.
  4. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Probably aimed towards those people "who work on friend's cars" but they have cars towed to their house every day and shit sitting on the street for days on end waiting on parts.

TurboBlew likes this.
  5. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

That and "You did my brakes and they failed, so now the guy I hit is suing you".

6. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Doesn't matter who it's aimed at, they have ways of going after those operating as a home business. This is idiotic and covers everyone rebuilding a car with their kid in the backyard or garage.

ToofPic likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Ya, but they are also limiting the use of air compressors, impacts and torque wrenches because they are "specialized tools not normally found in residences". It is quite over reaching...

RRP, Ducti89 and Phl218 like this.
  10. The Todd

The Todd It's 'The Todd'

Who needed more proof?

BHP41, BigBird, YamahaRick and 4 others like this.
  11. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Yup and it only takes one asshole neighbor to complain.

12. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I'll miss the ocean when I go but not the shit that rolls downhill from Sactown.

I have one d-bag neighbor who can't mind his own business. He's called the police because my neighbors truck was parked in the street for a month while he was deployed, because I rode my moto bike up the alley after I put a recluse in it, and when I had guys training BJJ in my garage during the shutdown.

Looks like he'll have another reason to waste Police time because something is always apart in my garage...

RRP and BigBird like this.
  13. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Hey man, I gave you a solid Deli recommendation. :beer:

14. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Yeah, but much better than getting "red flagged". By contrast, I bet that the authorities won't seize your impact wrench or grease gun.

15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

So you can change tires, but not use an air compressor? I want to see a guy with a bike pump change a car tire. Oh wait I forgot about the lighter fluid trick. I am sure that is better, safer, quieter and more environmentally friendly than an air compressor.

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

good thing they got the wording correct on the codes...lol. Im not rebuilding this radiator... Im replacing it!! :D
    What amuses me about CA is some auto repair facilities have 1 bay and 2 parking spots in such cramped quarters I get claustrophobia. Park in one of those spots and see
    how fast the drama escalates.

BigBird likes this.
  17. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Since I have 4 torque wrenches does that mean if convicted of 4 counts I'd go to prison for the rest of my life? I dunno, may be the only way I could get the covid vaccine and an unemployment check.....

tl1098 and Photo like this.
  18. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

You'd for sure get the 4 lifes. But they also let ya'll felons out within a week anyway, so don't sweat it bra. You can do this.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  19. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Weapons of mass repair?

20. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

That's solid. :flag:

ClemsonsR6 likes this.