1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster Energy NASCAR Daytona 500

Discussion in 'General' started by G 97, Feb 18, 2018.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

That's pretty cool!
    Seems like working for Gordon would be a great job, he was super nice when I met him as a kid, stopped his meeting with come higher ups to sign stuff for me at his race shop.

Razr likes this.
  2. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

One of the things I've heard about Gordon is the immense amount of charity work he does while insisting that his name not be mentioned. Our Press guy at NHMS was walking with him in the infield when they encountered a group of people pressing him for autographs. Jeff went to the trouble of pushing the adults aside and taking care of the children first.

Razr likes this.
  3. Johnny B

There is irony in this statement. When she left the Indycars to race NASCAR, one of the prominent Indy drivers said that now she is gone, the press can start covering the other drivers. I didsn't see much press about Indycars after that. :D

4. Johnny B

Precisely! Right here on these forums some of the "fast guys" were pissed because Jessica Zalusky was slower than them but she was getting support and they weren't. I was at Laguna Seca later that year and I noticed that in the AMA paddock she had the most fans waitng in line for an autographed poster. And they were mostly female. Somebody at Kawasaki knew what they were doing. ;)

JBraun likes this.
  5. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

I personally know this to be fact. As much as I used to hate on him for being an Rainbow Warrior, his charitable work is over the top.

noles19 likes this.
  6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Gordon has his own children's hospital for God sake.

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Him and John Andretti do a lot for Riley Children's Hospital in Indy.