1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster Energy NASCAR Daytona 500

Discussion in 'General' started by G 97, Feb 18, 2018.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

And?

Marketability matters. Men and women both play whatever cards they have to become successful. I don’t understand why physical attraction or gender is somehow off the table.

Besides, she has an IndyCar win and a bunch of podiums, and has had some decent NASCAR results. I think she even sat on pole a few times. (see what I did there?) She can drive. She earned her seat. If you want to say that she’s overpaid, fine, but she’s marketable and that’s the way it works.

I just don’t get why her success is so offensive to some people.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I find it hilarious that people who have been around racing for so long still don't understand that professional racing is entertainment and sales. Like her or not, she is entertaining and sells shit and that's why she gets paid.

Sabre699, Photo and JBraun like this.
  3. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Not spectacular, but plenty good enough to be out there.

Funny you use Elena Myers as an example. They have the same number of wins, and I’ve heard plenty of haters throw shade Elena’s way also.

I’m impressed when any woman enters a male dominated sport and performs well. To say she has to dominate to earn respect is ridiculous. What she did in racing is very special and should be recognized.

In my opinion, and shit.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't care if their women or not. At our level doing well is going fast, at the pro level doing well is marketing yourself and your team, going fast can be a part of that but doesn't have to be.

5. condon66

condon66 Member well known

They're:D

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: I blame the puppy.... Nothing like waking up at 4:45 to the sound of a dog peeing.

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

A good friend of mine was Danica's publicist and personal assistant her whole career. She claims Danica acts completely different away from the track. She says Danica will admit she has a huge chip on her shoulder at the track, and has to go a long way to prove she's worth of being there. Most drivers respect her as much as anyone, but some don't like all the attention she gets.

She is good friends with Tony Stewart and Dale Jr, but her best friend there is Jeff Gordon, pretty good company. My friend Haley has a few more months working for Danica, then she starts Haley Danica Gordon.jpg with Jeff Gordon.

This was taken last week...

G Dawg, noles19 and rd400racer like this.
  8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

over/under on how long it takes to "drive him crazy"? :D

9. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Probably before she wins again

TurboBlew likes this.
  10. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

The recently retired "Most Popular Driver" is a prime example.

Got his ride because of his father's fame & name, won a few races with the teams his father assembled, didn't do much after his father passed and the teams he assembled dissipated.

G Dawg likes this.
  11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Does she drive E-karts? :D

terminus est likes this.
  12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I think he's accomplished a lot, even though his dad got him started. He won 26 Cup races, 2 Busch Championships, owns a racing empire...his Busch teams have won 6/9 of the last Daytona races, they won the last 2 Busch titles.

JBall likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, he did a bit more than ride dads coattails.

14. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

He seems to have accomplished being a stellar human being, which is worth more than any #1 trophies IMO.

Razr likes this.
  15. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

giveadamnprogress9fr.gif

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Good point, there's never any controversy around him, does a lot for charity, just seems like a nice guy.

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

condon66 likes this.
  18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Pedrosa and Danica are the same size!

19. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

His W number is bigger...:D

And his race vehicle is cooler!

20. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member