1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Mock" Races

Discussion in 'General' started by STT-Rider, Jun 23, 2005.

1. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I asked my health insurance company if I would be covered racing in WERA. He asked me if I was racing for a source a of income. He said if the answer is no than I would be covered.

2. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Yeah I am not sure where Monty got that.

3. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

The only part my work insurance did not pay of my crashes were the ambulance rides to the hospital. I believe K&K paid for my helicopter ride in 1996.

4. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

We are talking about two different insurances

1) Personal health and life. (My last two health insurance policies have had racing exclusions and my life insurance policy does as does my disability policy.)

2) The liability insurance we (track day orgs, riding schools, race tracks) carry as a corporate entities.

I might have not made this clear. Sorry

5. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Yeah I understand the different insurance;) I was just wondering why you were thinking that racing wasn't covered by health care insurance. I am sure it is in some peoples policies but not mine or most of the people that I know that have used it.

6. crikey

crikey Well-Known Member

I think what Monte is talking about is that is you were running a 'trackday company' your insurance/liability 'should' be higher if you hold a race/mock race than if you just had sesions with instructors.

could be wrong though...

7. Strick

Strick Good to be king

And it should be. I am sure WERA's insurance costs dwarf STT's

I was responding to this......

That is refering to health insurance of the participants not liability.

8. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

Re: Street tires

oh i wouldnt have caught you no matter the tires, but i might have managed to keep third:p

9. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Mark:

Just because he had a white tag does not mean he is safe to ride around. Track days are alot more hectic than an actual race/practice day. Track days have such a wide range of skill levels on the track at the same time.

I think you would be surprised how different it is being on the track with all racers............you would have a blast until some SV guy stuffs ya! Get your license old man, dust off the Mille!

10. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

just because he had a white plate doesnt even mean he was an expert racer either. could be just a paint job, or a bike he just bought - or- he could be an expert. out here at WSMC they even allow novices to run white plates (i guess so that they dont have to repaint when they turn expert)

11. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Good point.............

Mark:

Find a 1995 916............sleeve it down to a 748........come play in V7, and Senior Superbike you will have a blast. You know you wanna do it...........come on try it kid.

:D

12. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

I won mine at TGPR in August of 2002 on a 1997 Suz. TL 1000S

And all I got was that crummy green tee shirt:rolleyes:

13. Strick

Strick Good to be king

I was in that class.......until I wrecked in the sweeper.:D

I only got second in my mock race......No Brakes Burr-ass beat me. Of course he was on a 750 and I was on a SV. I guess that evened things out though.:D

14. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

Here she is: The beast. The flexi-flier, as Mike Coisman called it that weekend. Coiz was pitted across from me.
    She was a fun streetbike.

15. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

At least you got a GREEN shirt. They used to be PINK. :Puke:

Hi Ed. :D :D

16. Slick228

Slick228 I dropped oil there, too.

MARRC's Roadrace School utilizes a "mock race" in the curriculum. I think the mock race is beneficial because of reasons stated before...it allows the students to experince the 5 boards all the way thru to a checker and cool down. Some organizations run their mock race differently, but MARRC throws a red after the start, re-grid's and restarts the mock race. They also dispatch an ambulance for a hot lap.

Are the mock races/race situations necessary on track days? I don't think so.....but some people may want the added experience before he/she enters a real race.

My .02

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay guys - Monte isn't talking about a mock race as we all understand it. He's talking about tracfk day orgs who are running races but to try and circumvent having to pay all of the expenses that race sanctioning bodies incur they lie and call them mock races. Should be interesting the first time they have a major incident and the insurance companies and tracks find out. Granted I also think it's bullshit since WERA and all the other sanctioning bodies are running races honestly.

18. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Team Pro Motion is running an entire series of "mock races". They keep track of points over all the different events and give away prizes to the winners at the end of the summer.

19. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

MARRC's Roadrace School utilizes a "mock race" \

This is a roadrace school and bills itself as such. Therefore it is assumed that it is focused on preperation for racing and insured as such.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's who I thought about when I read Monte's stuff. I remember reading about that.