1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Racing

Discussion in 'General' started by TEAMLIKETYSPLIT, Jun 7, 2002.

1. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

NO THANK YOU

I RAN A D SUPER RACE AND RAN INTO (LITERALLY) A GUY ON A
    KX500 OR SOMETHING. WIERDEST THING THAT HAPPENED TO
    ME. (UP TO THAT POINT ANYWAY) DON'T THINK I WOULD WANT
    TO DO THAT TO A GUY ON A "BIG" BIKE. I'LL STAY IN THE 80
    CLASS, THANK YOU

P.S. I HAVE BEEN READING POSTS IN OTHER CATEGORIES AND
    YOU GUYS ARE FREAKIN NUTS. I LOVE ROADRACING!

2. mad brad

mad brad Guest

ALL UPPER CASE IS PRETTY ANNOYING!!!!!!:p

3. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

4. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

As a matter of fact here are the results from Talladega. 6th in Expert!:eek:

Clubman Expert

1 73 Jamie Miller - Owens Crossroad, AL - Yam 350 - Sponsors: Suzuki of Morristown, Pit Bull,

Pirelli, Trackside RacersSupply

2 211 Jim Johnson - Savannah, TN - Yam 600 - Sponsors: Pit Bull, Bridgestone, Lake Hill Yamaha

3 35 Edward J. Vigluicci (L) - Sevierville, TN - Duc 750 - Sponsors: 129 Race Team

4 19 Charlie VanValkenburgh - Huntsville, AL - Hon 600 - Sponsors: Pit Bull, Trackside Racers

Supply, Marietta Motorsports

5 58 Michael T. Pugh - Norcross, GA - Kaw 500 - Sponsors: Peachtree State Pressure Washing Inc

6 2 Mike Smith - Conyers, GA - Suz 80 - Sponsors: 911 Racing, Moto Graphics

7 103 Chris Stevenson - Lawrenceville, GA - Yam 350 - Sponsors:

8 278 Douglas Reese - Morristown, TN - Kaw 500 - Sponsors: Suzuki of Morristown

9 715 David L. Hurst - Rutledge, TN - Kaw 500 - Sponsors: Suzuki of Morristown, Shade Tree

Engineering

10 789 John Sabbe - High Shoals, GA - Suz 500 - Sponsors: N/A

99 688 Kith Burkingstock - Newnan, GA - Kaw 500 - Sponsors: Pirelli, Lockhart Phillips

5. Schump

Schump Pimp w/a Slight Limp

aprilia rs50's, 250's, milles, etc.

I saw this thread about mini bikes and lost it. sweet. someone asked for a used rs50. well, we have a new one i built a couple days ago at coleman powersports in falls church, va. unfortunately, it isn't race prepped, but i could do that. it's that silverish/greyish color, street legal and all. trying to get them to start a racing program. still need to talk to upper level management some more with pictures/ideas, etc. if anyone is interested, PLEASE, email me back. that would definitely help my case. i have many a idea, one of which being discounts to racers who bought their bikes at coleman (we offer a i think 10% racers discount already, but if you buy your tires from us and you bought your aprilia rs50, 250, sv, R6, F4i, gsxr, etc, i thought maybe we could help out in return.) also, perhaps run a contingency program w/ everyone at the track, like other companies, aka you run our sticker, get your stuff from us, and finish in the top whatever, and we throw in a gift certificate or a free tire mount or something. i am just throwing out my ideas to you racers as i'll be chasing you asap on whatever sled i get, but i want to start a racing department at the largest dealership on the east coast, but everyone has told me it won't work. maybe if i can generate interest and show that
    a) they can give back to the sport
    b) they can make some money selling levers, pro tek rear sets, exhausts, race tires, etc etc etc, as well as storage space at the track. we have a couple really good mechanics, but as of right now, we're short staffed. definitely potential, whether or not it's realized is up to the racing public and my bosses. one of them seems at least interested.
    any suggestions are welcome, i'll take all your emails, print them out, and drop them on my boss' desk over lunch. hope to see you at summit this weekend, if i can make it. good luck.
    Dave :D

6. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

I've never been to Talladega. Are the straights short or something else that would make a mini less of a "hazard" to the big bikes?

I'm guessing that my YZ geared right might do 90 or so mph. That's still pretty slow compared to most clubman bikes. It's fun to think about though...

7. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

The straights are very short. You could visibly see the bigger bikes pulling up to and even pass Mike but anywhere near the corner and he'd ease away and sometimes just leave them. The faster guys were faster in all the sections except mid cornerspeed.

8. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Mike Smith in action

I finally found the pictures I have of Mike Smith at Talladega last February. The picture isn't very good and my editting is even worse. But, when I see the picture it awakens the memories I have of his performance. I hope it does the same for others.

9. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

WTF!!! I attached the picture file (.jpg) and it is less than the size limit (33.1K) but it doesn't show up. Will somebody tell me what I did wrong?