1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Racing

Discussion in 'General' started by TEAMLIKETYSPLIT, Jun 7, 2002.

1. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

I AM A EX RACER. HAD TWINS AND RAN OUT OF MONEY.
    REALLY INTERESTED IN MINI RACING. NEED TO KNOW HOW MANY
    PEOPLE DO IT IN SOUTHEAST REGION BEFORE I SPEND DOUGH
    TO PREP BIKE. DON'T WANT TO GET READY AND CLASS GOES
    AWAY OR I SHOW UP AND HAVE NO COMPETITION.

2. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Mongo could probably be better ta giving the numbers but I can say that I am building a KX85 now and there are a few others building minis as we speak.

3. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

My buddy is building a ysr50 with a kx80 motor now and plans to run every race in the southeast.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2002
  4. James#306

James#306 Backmarker Extraordinaire

With WERA the minis class is just for sh#ts and giggles, and will probably remain that way unless it gets really popular (but hasn't so far). But entries are cheap and so are the bikes.
    If you want to get (semi)serious about it, look up ERA, they are the minis racing org here on the right coast. They don't do many races south of SC. There are some other mini racing orgs but I can't recall them off the top o' my head. But go to the team calamari web site, for contacts and etc...

5. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

YZF50:confused: A YSR50 or an imported YZF mini(never heard of one)?

6. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

A buddy of mine and I are building NS50's for mini racing. We got bitten last year at the True Grits 50cc Ride held at T.W.O. during the GNF weekend. What a blast! Passing cars on a slightly tuned YSR50 was about the coolest thing I've done on a bike. I'm looking forward to racing the mini's with WERA! Mongo, if you are reading this, I beg you not to give up on the mini's classes this year if attendance isn't high. Mike Smith was truely inspirational at TGPR earlier this year and I'd like to compete on that level which takes awhile to put together. I'll get there by the next race I think but its been a slow process to hop up a mini due to the parts availability, fab iterations, and a National race schedule.

7. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

That's what got me wanting a mini. Sold the F4 and was planning on building a 426 motard but......
    I'll call Mr. Smith out later. Once I get within 10 seconds of his TGPR laptimes:D

8. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

Who said anything about a YZF??

9. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Damn edit button!

10. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

11. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

That's a pretty cool link. I like the F2 looking Gilera.

[​IMG]

12. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Kinda like the single sided swingarm on this one.

[​IMG]

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not giving up on it - the classes will be there. I'm even going to go after Aprilia for sponsorship and see if they'd be interested in doing something to help make bikes available.

14. James#306

James#306 Backmarker Extraordinaire

Ooooooooooooooooo!

That would be sweet!
    :D

The Aprilia errr... thimble challenge series!
    ;)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2002
  15. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

WHAT WAS SMITH'S TIMES ANYWAY? I HEARD IT WAS LIKE
    AN OLD RM 80 OR SOMETHING. COUNTER OR CLOCKWISE?

16. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Clockwise, I remember Mike getting in the 8's there.

17. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!?

ARE YOU JOKING? GUESS I BETTER DO MORE WRIST BENDS.

18. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

It was kinda fun watching him pass 600 novices throught the bowl in practice. They'd catch him on the straight then he'd pass 'em back.

19. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Did you notice my signature. Got a grudge match planned for later this year:D He may laugh and get a PW50 to smoke me.

20. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I had him at :12's in heavy traffic during the Clubman race. I have some cool pics I'll post when I find them.

And thanks for your support Mongo !!!