1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miller Practice Questions

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by wlindsay, May 16, 2006.

1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I'm trying to be optimistic.First we have to get back on the podium.
    If by some act of God, we do, and the track says it cool, hell yeah.

2. Stiffy

Stiffy Active Member

If we get the chance I will smoke it until it pops....:cool:

3. Chuck Ivey

Chuck Ivey Well-Known Member

How in the hell do we get charged this rate for practice?!!! I know this is a repeat comment but it has to be said. I would rather not race at tracks that would require such a rate. This is CLUB racing.!!!! I don't get on here and complain about much, but this is absolutly INSANE.! Is there anything in the works to make sure this does not happen again? I understand this may be an "expensive" track, but with all the tracks out there I would rather go somewhere where we did not have to take such a hit. I don't think it benefits WERA or the dedicated riders who make up WERA to run at tracks that will make us go broke.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry Chuck but this is NOT club racing.

5. Chuck Ivey

If I am wrong about it being club racing then so be it. But the point is the cost is rediculous.

6. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

look at it from bright side,if you live around here it would be that way all the time :)

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And the way things are going that's the way it'll have to be everywhere soon enough.

8. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

time to dust off ninja 250

9. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I just called the org and because of it's popularity, the fees have risen to $350 per bike, $425 per team.

10. jtigert

jtigert Active Member

The prices are comperable to what we regularly pay here for any AMA configured track in California.

Nobody likes it, but we all live with it. It's not the price that scares me off anyways, its the riding with the street bikes. Sign-up was still open for the advanced group, so get in while you can.

11. Chuck Ivey

Looks like WERA did the right thing having the edur. race sun. I will be getting my practice in the sprint races on sat.

12. ethridge72

ethridge72 Well-Known Member

The $285 for 2 endurance riders sounds somewhat reasonable, having a third rider does suck. But when they were talking $235 per rider that was crazy. Endurance teams with 4+ riders would go broke just paying for practice.

Last edited: May 25, 2006
  13. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

BTW- I was kidding about the price change. I honestly don't have a clue.

14. dansfamily

dansfamily Well-Known Member

let me tread carefully here and point out that it is not the track that is charging you that practice fee, but rather Fasttrack. How they determine their fee to you, the customer, is up to them. But our cost to them is no different than what we charge all other organizations who rent our track.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They're not actually comparing Fastrack to other track day orgs out there so much as to our $110 practice day fee - on which we lose money. It's hopefully offset by the rest of the income for the weekend but not always, our Nationals usually lose money. In this case Fastrack has to pay all of their bills for the day with what they make on just that day. Really all it shows me is we need to look at our practice fees better and raise them as needed in 2007. They're also missing that Fastrack limits the riders so they'll have better practice sessions and more time on track.

16. ethridge72

Not when the streetbike riders crash every few minutes and cause a red flag. At Willow they had bikes on track with the mirrors still on them. One crashed in front of us and there was mirror and headlight lense everywhere. And this was in their advanced group.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well since we can't do it and Fastrack is that bad - then by all means rent the track yourselves and make it racers only. Then try to pay the bills.

18. ethridge72

Dont get pissy with me Big Guy! I don't ever get to complain on here.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

LOL - you save it all up for in person huh?

I seriously don't have a good answer for your complaints sorry. The costs are what they are, no one is overcharging because none of us are making huge amounts of money.

20. ethridge72

Like I said above, $285 for 2 riders isn't so bad. It just sucks for the bigger Endurance Teams. Maybe in the future they could do a Endurance Special with 2 bikes and up to 5 riders that are on the Endurance Roster.