1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miller Practice Questions

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by wlindsay, May 16, 2006.

1. wlindsay

wlindsay Member

Will WERA or fastrackriders.com be running practice at Miller on June 9?
    Will practice cost $100 per session, or $235 (fastrackriders.com) ?

2. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Last edited: May 16, 2006
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Fastrack will be running the day Friday.

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

for a pre-registered $250?!?
    WTF?!?

can i ask how this situation comes to be?
    aren't national practices a wera thing?
    did anyone know the price when the schedule was set?

after looking at fasttrack's website, how is fasttrack gonna handle endurance teams...$250 per rider+$35 for entering a bike in different sessions????????????????????????

please, this is beyond fucked up...

...and $50 more for post-registration????????

unless there's some deal we don't know about...like, where did the $235 figure come from? certainly not off their website.

Last edited: May 17, 2006
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They'll do teams instead of the single rider I believe but you need to contact them to be sure. The cost is simple - gotta pay the bills. They can't take a $30k hit like we just did at Autobahn. Hopefully we won't at Miller but the possibility is there.

6. ethridge72

ethridge72 Well-Known Member

Sounds like price gouging to me.

Lets charge these guys that drive all the way across the country double. It is a new track so everybody will need to practice, so lets stick it in their ass and break it off.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If they were just charging you that it would be but they're charging everyone that, racers trackday rdiers etc... It's the same people that charged you that at the western Nationals the last few years. Not like it's changed any.

8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

why would the tuesday trackday be $160 for licensed wera racers?
    they don't expect any of us to have the time to burn waiting there for the weekend and, hence, can't lose?
    ???
    fasttrack is running three sessions an hour just like tuesday's org except they'll quit at 4pm for quals?
    ???
    seriously wrong.

please do your best to ensure we don't have to do this again.
    please?

i'll contact fasttrack concerning teams, unless someone wants to beat me to it...i'm a bit wound up right now.

Last edited: May 17, 2006
  9. ethridge72

The same org. that let out the streetbike guys who crashed every few minutes and caused all the red flags that ruined the practice time at Willow? Sweet!

10. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Sometimes I love Billy. :D

11. ethridge72

I love you all the time Paige!

12. Sixx22

Sixx22 Well-Known Member

Damn........just damn.

13. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

fixed it for ya Billy:up:

14. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

tuesday track rental fee may be less than on friday.
    they run their deal not wera.customers come first been street guy or racer.first pay first serve.
    I showed up at Vegas for race and could not enter practice,it was full of street guys.I did not care much about since I know track and eventualy got in afternoon(after few crashed or whatever).that is the way they run it.it is track day,not practice.they said something about changing it and make sure racers get in.either way I try to avoid saturdays for those reasons.
    those are prices around here for trackdays,sears,fontana are expensive.rest are cheaper.

15. Sixx22

Sixx22 Well-Known Member

So if we sign up for the trackday practice till 4, will the end. teams get to practice on sat in the am sessions?? I see the 30 min round on Sunday.....

16. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I did and got quote $705 for 3 riders one bike team.$235 per rider.
    I am installing long seat so all 3 of us can sit on it to get money worth :)

17. Sixx22

Sixx22 Well-Known Member

700 bucks for 1 bike?????

18. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

thats fucked up !!!!

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Of course, just like always.

20. goodmatt78

goodmatt78 Well-Known Member

Hey Shawn...can you give a call and persuade them to charge by the bike, not by the rider....it isn't like that takes up any extra room in each session.

It will also keep all the endurance teams from riding two up in the morning sessions just to learn the lines. :up:

Also, I just looked at www.fasttrackriders.com....if they divide the day up like a standard trackday, then there are going to be 100+ racers in the advanced group or racers will get stuck learning the track with street guys or get closed out. IMO...not safe....all this is upsetting news when WERA is having people in from all over the country.

Last edited: May 18, 2006