1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Midterms: Should we take bets on the results?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sharkattack, Oct 30, 2018.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Because they test for and remove the drug user (supposedly) and not the drinker when the drinker is the greater liability.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

While I agree that you generally read a lot of BS :D, this isn't so much about her popularity as it is about some corruption issues that she will have to answer to in the not-too-distant future. I can't remember if any charges have been filed yet, but she's definitely been summoned before the persecutors in charge of deciding whether to issue an indictment or not. To sum up, her party has been diverting funds from the European Parliament by fraudulently listing staff in Paris (including a bodyguard) as parliamentary assistants in Brussels. The party's bank accounts were frozen earlier this year and they were having some serious difficulties paying bills.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FWIW the deal here is they're allowing locals to change their serve time on Sunday from 12:30pm to 11am by voting it in, every one of them I saw passed big time.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, no one has said remotely that.

No one is talking about showing to work unable to do the job. Pretty sure most places doing dangerous stuff send employees home all the time no matter why they're out of it.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You can't smell a professional drunk. You HAVE to observe the behavior (I have to go through quite a bit of training on this stuff).

Meth (and it's various forms) usually make people sharper. I can remember back in the day when the supervisors at the steel mill in my hometown used to give their employees meth so they'd work more shifts and get more done! :eek:

The other thing you have to consider is the absolute RACKET that "drug testing" actually is. I'll see if I can't find a few good sources (I've posted them before) but it's unfuckingbelievable how much money is in that "industry".

Phl218 and gixxerreese like this.
  6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I think once mj is legalized, the insurance companies and the companies they represent are going to be under a lot of pressure to change that policy.

stk0308, Fonda Dix and gixxerreese like this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And an equal amount of pressure from the personal injury industry to leave it alone.

stk0308 likes this.
  8. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Any and all drug testing discussions fall flat on their face as soon as you mention how many people come to work high on prescription drugs every day. There are so many people eating Xanax Vicodin Percocet Valium and all other kinds of drugs and it's totally okay simply because they have a doctor's note.

9. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

That one was a head scratcher from the beginning. Apparently the only word that district comprehends is “free”.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And the company is still liable.

cav115 likes this.
  11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

EXACTLY!!!

12. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I see the whole "cannabis" legalization in all of these states becoming a bigger and bigger issue. People all think "It is legal now!" and start using. Then they discover they can't get a job in many businesses and industries. This is going to be a massive problem unless they get it legalized at the federal level and start backing off of the testing for employment. I know those two are not always directly related in all cases, but it will follow that way in many cases. In the banking, government employment, defense, security, etc. it is directly related.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Gerrymandering at it's finest

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bullshit, depends on the job. Plenty of them don't allow those drugs either.

I really wish the stoners would quit making up shit. There is no need. We get it, pot should be legal. Most of us totally agree with that.

gixxerreese likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Can't fix stupid but I sure wouldn't be blaming the laws for that problem.

16. 2blueYam

I am just saying it will become a problem not just for those people, but also businesses, industries and potentially the US economy.

17. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I work in engineering and Manufacturing we have a Shop full of machine tools and cranes and all other kinds of equipment and that is absolutely the case at our company.

18. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

There’s companies here in Colorado that out right ignore weed results. Problem with weed is if you hadn’t smoked for a year then smoked a joint. You will not be able to pass a drug test for 2 weeks. You know I know the next day you are no longer under the influence. They need to legalize and find a way to test to find out if you are currently u see the influence. To fire someone for something they a week ago and act like that some how is the reason it happened is disingenuous.

19. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

I agree with this if you are hurt or have to take these medications in my industry. You are obligated to tell someone and you will not be on a piece of heavy equipment until you are off of them.

20. 2blueYam

In many industries, the fact that you broke federal law and consumed it anytime in the past several years is sufficient to have you out on your ass. At a minimum, you are then susceptible to blackmail and you have shown a propensity to break Federal law. That is why you are out of a job, not necessarily the effects of the drug. People can't seem to grasp that.