1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Midterms: Should we take bets on the results?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sharkattack, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Your company allows people on prescription drugs that specifically state not to operate heavy machinery to operate heavy machinery? Seriously? That is truly beyond stupid.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That I totally agree with. Either show there are long term affects or find a test that can tell how stoned someone is.

gixxerreese likes this.
  3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Colorado made slavery illegal....yesterday. :)

Phl218 likes this.
  4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

OK, sorry, but to get back on topic …

DrbNN-_U0AAh_u0.jpg

XFBO, TurboBlew, sheepofblue and 3 others like this.
  5. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

Impressive. 3rd president in a 100 years to gain senate seats in their first midterms.

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Don’t be so sure. HIPAA laws mean you don’t have to tell your employer what you’re on.

7. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

I don’t understand why y’all are arguing about marijuana.

It will become ok to smoke it and do certain jobs as soon as a test comes along that can determine current real time levels of intoxication.

Insurance companies will not back off this . Nobody is going to make them and as former business owner I really don’t give a damn if you smoke but, to think I would open myself up to the liability of not being able to tell if you are currently affected is quite simply mind boggling .

Give me a test where I can tell (or at least the law recognizes as an acceptable level ) and I’ll hire a pot smoker.

Until then if you test positive you’re not getting hired. I’m not putting myself at risk for lawsuits because of someone’s activities and neither should an insurance company.

Funkm05 and DrA5 like this.
  8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That’s not entirely true. A short term, casual user probably won’t test positive as little as a day later.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Why isn’t a motor function and judgement test (like a field sobriety test) enough?

10. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

And who’s gonna give that test and how well does that stand up in court ? Too many variables and open to interpretation.

I want a standard that is solid and indisputable in court . Sorta like BAC. Yeah it affects everyone differently but at least the law recognizes certain levels and standards .

jrsamples and pickled egg like this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Because those don't measure anything.

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And those affected by the laws know there's a quantifiable test to prove or disprove intoxication level.

knutz likes this.
  13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm not willing to trash my career on a "probably".

jrsamples, knutz and DrA5 like this.
  14. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

For the same reason you can pass a sobriety test with flying colors, blow above the legal limit, and still be charged with DUI.

I'm not saying I agree with this.

15. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Depends on the state.

16. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

and deserves a trophy

17. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I look forward to being greatly amused by Congresswoman Dunning-Kruger. New York is well on its way to being even more successful than Venezuela. The free states must remain vigilant lest a migrant caravan from New York approaches our borders.

18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Impressive I don't recall that big of a shift under BJ

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Not always

This. It may have changed, but at one time, BAC had nothing to do with the criminal charges here in MO. It only had to do with your driving privileges through the Dept of Revenue (DMV in layman's terms). If you refused to blow, or if you blew above a certain percentage, you lost your license. The actual criminal proceedings were entirely based upon the evidence of your physical impairment collected by the cop during the stop. It was his testimony about your slurred speech, smell of booze, lack of motor function, etc that got you to into legal trouble.

code3ryder likes this.
  20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

gixxerreese likes this.