1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Midday Observation

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by bj, Feb 14, 2017.

1. joec

joec brace yourself

2. CW AF 03

CW AF 03 Aspiring has-been

The most annoying thing about driving in CA! A good 65-70% of drivers here are either ignorant to the law/etiquette, don't care, or are balls deep in a snapchat/text/instagram and being dangerous.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Here in PA, the New Yorkers and New Jerseyians like to slam on the brakes while doing 65 in a 65 in the fast lane. :eek:

Nothing says, "I wasn't doing anything wrong" like damn near causing a twenty car pileup right in front of the state police!

4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

It is also annoying when people refuse to pass an officer, even if he is doing ten under.

TurboBlew likes this.
  5. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Its not quite so simple as you described. It wasn't a situation where he's just cruising, hanging out in the left lane... Or have you never been on the interstates here where you enter on the left, but have to get all the way right to continue on the same interstate?

6. Lawn Dart

Its not even that blatant. In Nashville we have a number of interstate interchanges that involve combining two lanes from one interstate with two lanes from one or two other interstates, then they effectively have to cross each other to continue on... So, I-40 East enters on the left, while I-65 North enters on the right. To stay on I-40, you must get over 1-2 lanes to the right, and those wanting to stay on 65 must cross 1-2 lanes to the left. Its way more hectic that someone just cruising along in the left lane for no reason.

7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Been there and it has nothing on St Louis, lanes combine and separate seemly randomly and multiple bridges yet as far as I could tell all of them went to the same place o_O

8. Lawn Dart

Yeah - I've done a couple of cities like that. I was only speaking to the idea that someone in the left lane is necessarily "the problem".

9. sheepofblue

They always are...as are those in the right and center.... all lanes are MINE!

Lawn Dart likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was wondering which portion of the connector it was. Parts of the interstate there can be a bitch. But still, if an old lady was passing him on the right he should have been going faster :D

11. Lawn Dart

I made fun of him about being passed by an old lady, but its sort of overshadowed by the majestic finger he received. We just laugh about it now.

12. sheepofblue

You haven't passed until you spin road kill up onto the windshield of the car behind you on the way to work.

13. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

What's annoying is the officer intentionally driving like that because he knows most people won't pass.