1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Midday Observation

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by bj, Feb 14, 2017.

1. bj

bj Well-Known Member

If you change the way you drive when you know a LEO is watching, grow a set and accept the consequences of your behavior or stop driving like an asshole. People suck.

badmoon692008 and Orvis like this.
  2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I like when people slam on the brakes on the highway because there is an LEO who has pulled someone over on the opposite side of the highway and he's already exited his vehicle and walking up to person he pulled over. Like the cop is going to be able to tell that you are driving 10 mph over the speed limit, turn around jump in his car, speed up to the next available spot to bust a U-turn and coming chasing after you. :crackup:

3. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

Don't be so quick to judge :Poke:

BigBird likes this.
  4. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

or worse, slam on the brakes when you're going 5-8 over the limit (like 75 in a 70) and drop to 10mph UNDER the speed limit... thats always fun to follow.

badmoon692008, Funkm05 and JJJerry like this.
  5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I heard about the really expensive traffic study the other day... the final conclusion? People who do what the OP is saying or even trying to merge onto a 5 lane highway by stopping at the end of an entrance ramp were the #1 antogonists of traffic outside of accidents.
    I thought it would be awesome if "traffic enforcement" happened from above with a huey helo & giant magnet to fish those impeders out of the way. Take em straight to driving school! :D

Orvis likes this.
  6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Except that they often work in pairs or maybe have a speed trap set up just ahead.

BigBird likes this.
  7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Oh those are the absolute best, the ones that roll up a freeway on-ramp and pull to a stop just before merging. Apparently the laws of physics are foreign to these people and they don't comprehend the purpose of a freeway on-ramp is to allow you to accelerate up to match the speed of the traffic you are trying to merge into. Apparently its easier for them to merge into 60 mph traffic from a dead stop. :clap:

8. joec

joec brace yourself

Hey Harrison Ford, we're you late for the senior movie matinee again?

9. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

The only thing I like about ATL traffic, is doing 10 over with the flow of traffic and then get passed by a patrol car like your doing 10 under. Other than that, it's every man for themselves! This morning I changed lanes so that a car could pull out of a side street, 20 seconds later the lady sped up to block me from getting over, lol.

V5 Racer likes this.
  10. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I was talking with a passenger in my truck driving down the interstate and held my hands up out side my head to say "the buck was this big" Some guy in a nissan truck 100 ft ahead of me slams on his brakes comes up next to me and starts pointing, screaming and then does his hands like a gun and shoots me. I have no idea how he saw me throw my hands up and we started laughing at the situation and it only pissed him off more. He had a retired vet sticker on his truck so not sure if that had anything to do with it or not. One of the strangest things that's ever happened to me on the road

11. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Was that here in town? I've had some really strange stuff like that happen. It seems to be getting more common. My buddy tells a story about a little old lady who drives up on his right side on I-24/40, pushes up her glasses (because they're sliding down her nose), rolls down her window, and gives him the finger. But not just the finger where everything else is bent at the second knuckle... oh no... She gives him the full bird salute, all fingers and thumb fully held down so that bird flies free and proud. He and his wife just looked at each other and busted out laughing. They had no idea what they had done. Seemed completely random. :crackup:

12. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

My daughter pointed at a billboard once and a guy did the same thing. I advised him that no, I dont let my 15 year old flip people off. Moron.

13. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

When you have to pass someone on the the right on a multi-lane interstate, the finger is well deserved. The fact that your buddy (as well as most of Nashville now apparently) has no idea why is part of the problem.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  14. bj

bj Well-Known Member

This.

15. bj

bj Well-Known Member

No Mr. Clancypants. Just bothered by a mouth-breathing moron who used an right turn lane to bypass traffic and cut me off then brake check me 1/2 a mile later when he saw a cop. Audi driver btw.

16. joec

joec brace yourself

Was there an stx sticker on it? Was the driver wearing a nice watch and shirt?

Maybe if you weren't doing 45in.the passing lane....

17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

redlight.jpg

Steak Travis, joec and bj like this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was about to say "F@ck you" but I did switch to STX a few weeks back. :D

In Your Corner and joec like this.
  19. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Now you've gone too far. Perhaps, if you actually think for a second, or ten, you'll understand that if you're having to pass on the right then you might be in the wrong. Remember, the LEFT lane is for passing. The right lane is for exiting and entering a freeway, the middle lane (if there is more than two) is for cruising at, or near, the speed limit, and the left lane is for those that want to drive like a bat out of hell. If you go blowing along passing in the right lane then you'll be pissed off because some dumbass pulled in front of you while entering the freeway. ;)

20. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

All lanes are for passing as are the shoulders and sidewalks :rtfrb:

Orvis and motoracer1100 like this.