1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid Lift Stand?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Red Fox Racing, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

There was an endurance team on a Kawasaki running a "red" mid lift stand, that they built. Does anyone know who it was? Thanks in advance.

2. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

3. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

I just bought one from here
    https://mishacycles.com/store/Paddock-stand/

Its a new company making them out of NY. All other paddock stands I have seen are overseas/

Being new it had a few kinks to work out for my bike as the fit for my 07 GSXR 750 was off on the intial shipment. After providing feedback to the owner, Greg, he got it all worked out and now I give it a thumbs up.

Misha sells them a little cheaper than buying direct from motoMFG.

If you contact Misha, tell Alex, Fencer sent ya, maybe he won't do you any more wrong than he did me:D :up:

NOTE

Things I did not realize about how these paddock stands work...

On the upper hole for the 2 pin stablization, you remove the stock lock nut and replace it with a larger hollow spool type nut.
    This does 2 things that may or may not affect your thought about buying one of these.
    1 this "nut" is considerably larger and will add a few ounces of weight, but nothing you could not pee out before a race. Also, when I mentioned this to the owner, he said they are looking into offering a titanium version as well.
    2 it protudes from the frame about 5/8 of an inch. It has not been in my way at all, but I thought it would be worth noting for some of you "fast" guys

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  4. Red Fox Racing

Thanks for the leads, but I'm really looking for the type that the factory teams use at Daytona. It's mainly to lift the front off the ground.

5. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

Maybe contact Graves, I know they make mid lift stands. They're right down there in your area too.

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Well as much as we other companies crap for copying stuff thats a exact copy of the Bursig Stand at half the cost.....Made in the USA Too... Interesting...... Just saying.....

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

This?

[​IMG]

Photo courtesy of Momentumphoto.net

8. Red Fox Racing

YES SIR! That's the one. Any info on builders? Graves is $$$$

9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Yeah, Me! I build all my own quick change and tanks.

10. VTRDarren

VTRDarren Well-Known Member

I realize you found what you wanted, but this guy is local and a bunch of friends have the stand and love it..

http://www.motomfg.com/

Edit: Looks like the same pics as the mishacycles site, maybe... Anyhow, nice stand!

11. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Can I have your autograph?? :bow: :D

12. Houston hb

Houston hb Well-Known Member

do you have a website with your stuff forsale

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Nope, just build stuff I need.

14. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Yes, one the back of a previously blank check. Your bank will return it to you shortly after you send it to me. :D

15. Red Fox Racing

Chad, check PM

16. Christian157

Christian157 Well-Known Member

17. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Marc,
    let me know when you are in the area, you are welcome to come check it out any time.
    :beer:

Yep, Same stand.

One other note on the paddock stands.

I would not think they would be good for a "HOT" pit with out a LOT of practice. I had my wife try to pit me in the garage with me on the bike and my leg was in the way when I stood up to balance and it take a little finagling to line the 2 holes up.

It would be great for "behind the wall" pitting though.

The Moto mfg stand is very heavy and seems to be well constructed. it should not buckle or break under weight.

The opinion I offer on the stands is that of a large oaff. Your experience may vary and my opinion may change with time as I have only had it a week. these are just some "at first glance" observations.:beer:

18. ScreamingSon

ScreamingSon Well-Known Member

19. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Anybody have the stand that Bryce Prince's Dad makes?

20. I have one of the Bursig stands and it is nice for getting the bike up off the ground quickly and easily.

BUT...with the way it mounts (or moreso, the location) i can't change the front sprocket with it on the Bursig stand. I also can't remove the Lower because the frame sits so close to the side of the bike.

For tire changes, putting warmers on and making suspension adjustments it is great because it lifts by the frame and unloads the wheels/suspension. But it doesnt completely take the place of my Pit-Bull stands.

Knowing what i know now (that i still have to take the Pit Bull stands everywhere), i wouldnt have gotten the Bursig stand. If it was a complete replacement and eliminated the need for other stands, fine. But it isnt.