1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid Lift Stand?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Red Fox Racing, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

The Bursig type of stand is not what we were looking for. The type used at the Daytona 200. Please don't say Graves, WAY to much money and can not be adapted to our bike.

2. motorbykemike

motorbykemike beer snob

what bike?

3. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

Why not contact Pitbull, they made the one's that Chip used on his Aprilia's in AMA.

4. Red Fox Racing

SV650
    Will do.

5. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I'm guessing you'll have to weld a pipe behind the radiator on the underneath side of the frame. This will allow you to have your hole which you insert the bar into that allows the front end to be raised up. Maybe weld a chamfered end onto the pipe to allow for an easier lead in.

You could also shoot an email to Mark at Vesrah, I know they used the same style and I'm sure they built their own as well.

6. Turbo storm

Turbo storm Well-Known Member

I actually altered the Pitbull stand KWS has, to fit a different bike. It was originally designed for the Aprilia, but I altered it to fit the BMW. I basically welded some short aluminium plates to the frame slider bases. One plate had the pipe welded to it, and the other was drilled to let the pipe pass thru. (with a small set screw to hold it in place.)
    I would suggest contacting Pitbull for recommendations on your application.

7. Yeah, i was just giving my .02 on the Bursig. I saw it mentioned and figured i would give an opinion of it after using it for a year. :beer:

8. Red Fox Racing

Thanks Chris, I figured that was what you were doing. Just trying to keep the thread on track. See you at Jennings?

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Pitbull had one for the KWS Tem a couple years back... Never put on the market though..

10. Im really hoping so. It all depends on how long this assignment lasts. It is looking good, but i can't guarantee anything yet.

11. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

Did you ever find what you're looking for?

12. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

The team owner shot down the plan, I believe.

13. Red Fox Racing

It's not that the team owner shot down the plan, it's that we have already exceeded the winter budget for improvements to the bike. It is still on the purchase list, but we will have to wait for next off season. Yes, I found a fantastic fabricator to build one. Thanks for all of the inputs.

14. Ed Sorbo

Ed Sorbo Well-Known Member

Made this myself.

Attached Files:

• 023.JPG
      023.JPG
      File size:
      419.7 KB
      Views:
  15. Red Fox Racing

Thanks Ed, interesting idea. We might be able to do something with that.

16. drybreak

drybreak Fuelish Boy

eh, I have it on good authority that the TO is behind Peter 100%, and would never presume to shoot down any of his ideas or suggestions for the team. :bow:

Seriously, Pete is an invaluable part of this team. The bikes belong to me but Peter's investment in the team is significant. When I decided to enter a bike in the series he was the first guy I asked to come on board! When he speaks, I listen. We talk about it and arrive at a decision.

Someone has to be the TO. That's the rule. But when you have a team player and contributor like Peter on board, someone with his background and ability, it's more a partnership.

Pete's a smart guy, and certainly has no less say in this team than I. He can do anything he wants. :beer:

17. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Just curious as to why you need a mid lift stand in LWSB.
    We we able to change front and rear as well as fill our 7 gallon tank in under a minute.
    Our pit stops were on par with some of the best and quicker than every LW team out there.

18. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Last time I changed tire on LW bike during race was back in 2000 in 24hr race :D

19. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I actually meant it was "shot down" at this time, due to cost, which is completely understandable.

20. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

You had cords showing at Tally didn't you? :bow: