1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Micro Agression...WTF???

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by STT-Rider, Nov 27, 2015.

1. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I don't get this constant mob mentality to pile on Steelcity. He states his opinion articulately but instead of debating the point you just insult him for not agreeing with you.

You are using the exact same tactics and thinking the liberals you claim to abhor do. Bludgeon, insult, and attack the speaker instead of the merits of his ideas. It's pretty ironic. It makes it seem as if you feel threatened by his conviction and his ability to articulate it well. I don't agree with the guy, but that doesn't mean he's a moron for daring to hold a different opinion than I do. Some of guys behave exactly like the assholes at Berkeley etc. with their "speech codes".

henroc likes this.
  2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

As it is Saturday night one can only assume that you are drinking if you think Steelcity states his point articulately...

3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Entitlement and the desire to have all of the reward with little effort.

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

It has more to do with the way they act than the color of their skin. But you refuse to see that they are causing most of their own problems through their actions and use skin color as an excuse.

5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

What bugs me about this is that in many instances you are correct. That is basically the dynamic happening here in some cases.

What horrifies me is this RWN typical broad stroke used to paint everyone in the same tone. It uber-simplifies the the story line, but then again, that is more easily absorbed by some.

6. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

You mean like the same broad stroke you just painted RWNs with? Oh, the horror.

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Well, the 'N' is pretty indicative.... :D

8. Who?

9. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

He's the way I see it.... She is a guest of a guest.
    Bullshit. I don't see protests and shopping districts being shut down over Blank on Black crime.

10. That's because criminals don't care wether people protest. A protest isn't gonna stop a murderer from murdering. You have to get through to them before they've reached that point of desperation. The efforts to get through to youth before they become murderers, such as mentoring, education, job placement etc. don't often make the news, and especially not FOX news and the websites some of you frequent.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'll give you a hint: it wasn't evil white people.

12. So I should judge all black people based on the actions of one idiot? Should I judge all white people based on the idiot that shot up planned parenthood and killed a cop?

13. STT-Rider

So only criminals care if LEO shoot black folks? (I wont use unarmed, because most were armed or in the commission of crimes..)?

14. Huh? No. This is your rebuttal?

15. STT-Rider

Really...... do you know the statistics of crime in this country broken down by race?. Us Crackers could go on one hell of a killing spree and not get close to the B on B crime rate in outright numbers or statistically.

16. STT-Rider

It's not a rebuttal...it's a conclusion based on the logic contained in your post.

17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I think both sides are guilty of the oversimplification of the storyline.
    It does seem like the legitimate issues are being completely drowned by the noise though. The main concern that I have is it does seem like people have lost the ability to ask why. They look at situations on the surface and want to "fix" them without addressing the underlying issues that caused the situation.

18. It my be your conclusion but it doesn't seemed to be based on anything I said in my post.

19. STT-Rider

Why..

Single parents.
    Glorification of Thug, Drug and gang culture
    Chronic refusal to accept responsibility for ones own actions (blame society, socio-economic causes...etc...etc..)

20. Yet still, those murders are commited by a slim minority, so it isn't fair to judge black people on the actions of a few, or the actions of one, as the post I quoted was trying to do.

I certainly don't expect you to be fair though.