1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michelin LTX VS ?

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Nov 16, 2021.

1. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Time to replace my 275/65R20 on my F250. IIRC the last time I did my dually they cost me about $250 per tire. Now the retail @ $325.

Any other brands I should be looking at. Not too aggressive, quiet and long wearing are required.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I forget which ones I put on the Suburban but the Michelins were so amazingly worth it for all weather type tires it's not funny - especially road trips in the rain.

BigBird and Waterboy like this.
  3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

4. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

we all know that the best selling tire is the ,[​IMG]

dtalbott, MELK-MAN, cBJr and 3 others like this.
  5. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

For all the crap we give Melka for their moto stuff. Their car/truck tires always seem to punch way above their weight class. I would just get them again if you were satisfied before. Over the life of the tires, it's really not that big of a financial difference.

MELK-MAN, BC and BigBird like this.
  6. ChemGuy

man you crazy. $75 x 6 tires = at least 2 nice times with Hookers and Blow.

Or 1 meat slicer.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

For the car, everything usually gets Michelin. For SUVs, the Pirelli Scorpion All Verde Plus are usually the ticket.

For dually pickups, I would ask a Mom at your local Whole Foods what tires they recommend

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

There's inflation my friend...maybe 1 ok times these days

9. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Cooper have always been amazingly good for heavy duty tires.

MotoGP69 and mikek like this.
  10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

11. ChemGuy

Or just lower your standards....

pickled egg and BigBird like this.
  12. ChemGuy

rd49 likes this.
  13. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I like michelin bike tires, but their car tires dry rot so much faster then anything else I will never recommend them.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  14. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Man, anything 20” is not going to be cheap. My old Tundra came with 20s, as soon as the KOs wore out I bought aftermarket 18” rims and sold the 20s. So many more size options with the 18s and much cheaper.

15. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Bridgestone Dueller H\L Alenza. One of the best wet weather tires

16. BC

BC Well-Known Member

17. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Dick

18. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

The Michelin LTX M/S is such a damn good tire.

On my second set on my F150 and the last set went 65K no problem and still had a few K left but came across a deal I couldn't pass up. They are now on the wife's Highlander too and not sure I'll settle for less regardless of price.

Waterboy likes this.
  19. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

No way. Never again will I run a Cooper tire. Learned that lesson years ago. Total waste of money in my experience.

969 likes this.
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

How so?

I’ve run them on my vans, and other than not getting great mileage out of them (which I blame myself for, my idea of rotating tires is rolling them down the road), I’ve found they carried the load great and excellent traction.