1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michelin LTX VS ?

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Nov 16, 2021.

1. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

This!

Last set for my F150 i got basically brand new rims and tires for less than the cost of the tires themselves, not to mention getting a few hundred for the old rims.

Once a Wanker.. and MELK-MAN like this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

Or could be stolen :Poke:

3. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

when i bought by white F250 platinum, i wanted the sport edition truck wheels, that come with the same Michelin AT2 tires on these trucks.. found a set of take offs on Ebay when a guy bought bigger tires/wheels for his truck for about $1800 shipped. tires, black OEM ford sport edition wheels, and still had the psi sensors inside. Sold my chrome platinum wheels and tires for about $1600.. worked out for me.

TurboBlew likes this.
  4. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

We got 70K on LTX's on the 4Runner but I didnt swap them onto the wifes car after:) Just got new ones (Defenders I think) , totally worth the extra $$$

5. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I got oem steel rims/wheel nuts/center caps and tires from a 2020 tacoma for $200. Cheapest set of tires I've ever bought lol.

bullockcm likes this.
  6. SVandST

SVandST Well-Known Member

i don’t understand how people get this kind of mileage on tires. I don’t think I’ve ever got more than 40-45k on a set regardless of the tires, including a set of LTX I had once. The OEM tires on my wife’s pathfinder only lasted 18k. I do change them a little early due to not wanting to run tires at the wear bars during winter, but I’m not changing them at 1/2 life.

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

youre the type of customer salvage tire places love... they resell your takeoffs for $60-$80 each, installed. Cost the salvage guys gas to remove the tires from your vendor who probably charged you $5/tire to dispose of them. That being said LTXs still have great grip beyond the wear bars.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  8. bored&stroked

Because even at the wear bars the tires have a ton of life left in them.

9. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Low tire pressures are good for a cushy ride, but not much else. I always run at least 75 psi in my E rated tires, and near maximum psi in the Tundra LTX's. If you drive in snow, get some snow tires. You'll never want to drive without them, once you do.

10. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I just know to slow on the freeway in the rain whenever I do.

11. SVandST

SVandST Well-Known Member

Not great grip in snow. I’d rather change them a little early than have my wife and kids get in an accident because I wanted to squeeze out a few more miles.

ducnut and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what specific model LTX?
    Last set I had on my family vehicle had a 70,000 mile warranty
    I cant comment on snow as I dont get any... lots of rain though.

13. bored&stroked

Isn't that why they make snow tires?