1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mexico - more and more assassinations

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Paige, Jan 2, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The acceptance of that bribing is at the root of their problems down there. The entire country is corrupt from top to bottom. There is no rule of law, only rule of cash, so you can never be sure which side anybody is on.

sheepofblue likes this.
  2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

:stupid:

I know everyone likes to claim that it's not the people, it's the corrupt government officials, but that's the society that the people accept.

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

.....and this was from 5-6 years ago, I'm sure the situation's gotten much better since then right?

4. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Problem is, the cat is out of the bag. Just like how organized crime stopped in the US after Prohibition was rescinded.

Remember the scene from "The Treasure of Sierra Madre" where the Federales just lined the banditos up against the wall? I think that may be the only way Mexico will get back on the rails, and unfortunately probably lots of opportunities for settling scores, and other abuses along the way.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

As long as drugs are illegal in the US, it’ll be impossible to make any real impact on the Mexican drug trade. Cut off one head and another will take its place.

6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

7. joec

joec brace yourself

8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Wow. $500 for an unloaded rocket launcher. They really put a dent in crime there. Get that piece of thinwall tubing off the street...:rolleyes:

9. joec

joec brace yourself

That buys a lot of ready rock!!!!

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You could put someone's eye out with that thing for chrissake.

11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I'm almost certain some of the anti-wall folks in here belly ached over how other world leaders are rightfully shaming our President over the wall, they've even AGREED with the Mexican President (Nieto at the time) over the issue. These same 'types' have even questioned Trump's integrity while supporting these other anti-America clowns.

Enjoy.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/15/nyregion/el-chapo-trial.html

12. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Sure goes a long way to explain how one of the most wanted men in the entire world remained at large for so long. And people gave Trump flak for saying Mexico was a shithole.

XFBO and sheepofblue like this.
  13. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

It's a big Country, having worked/lived on both coasts. I love Mexico. Boarder towns, you can't pay me enough to go there. It's sad that this is happening, but its kind of like the wild west. Come at your own risk