1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marquez suspicions.....

Discussion in 'General' started by QMXcycle, Nov 1, 2012.

1. marquez is the shit, plain and simple...you watch any moto2 race and he is the only one seriously backing it in on turn entry, a "better" bike doesn't do that for you :)

2. Almostryan3

Almostryan3 Well-Known Member

Um, I always see a good chunk of the riders backing it in like that...

3. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

backing it in of course, is a measure of how fast a rider is....;)

4. couldn't it be?...everything else being equal?

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Then apparently, Metalhead is a freakin' god! We should consider ourselves lucky that he graces us with his presence.

6. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

You see Jorge, casey, vale or pedro do that?

7. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

everything else isn't equal....but I'd say no either way. Looks kewl though. Lots of things factor into the bike backing in....how you "take up" the brakes, the brakes themselves, slipper clutch settings, electronics settings, chassis setup, suspension settings, compound of tire and on and on....

Its a riding style thing...some guys do it to do it... it doesn't really mean a whole lot. You can go fast backing it in...you can go fast without backing it in. There are a lot of little things you do as a rider that contribute to it.... but I wouldn't say it means the guy is braking harder

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Same could be said for everything from jockeys to footballers to virtually every other pro sport. If they don't have the genetics they do something else.

Dave K wanted to be in the NBA. Should they make a rule to lower all the nets?

9. so he may or may not be breaking harder, but is he getting through the turn quicker?

10. Almostryan3

Almostryan3 Well-Known Member

Not always...

11. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

IMO if your wheels are out of line you made a mistake, unless you are slinging mud and them cats ain't racing on dirt.

12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I'm ambivalent on this, i wish things could be fair for the growing kids.

Tall, heavyset jockeys simply don't exist, if you're 100lbs (or whatever), you simply don't race the horse.

It simply is the nature of both sports.

13. Maybe he brakes longer. That's why he's faster....

14. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Nah, he's just got a better chassis. Prolly got a ton of research into it and it's likely be heat treated, cross-referenced and even shervined.

15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Comparing bike racing to horse racing doesnt work for me when the Dorna is forcing the supposed evolution of MotoGP machines to where anyone even close to normal sized is too big. It is the constant changing of the rules that has made being larger than a 9th grade cheerleader a disadvantage.

16. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

:D Thats why I dropped it....last time I tried to help...I payed for it!:D ..... maybe I'll add another to my sig... "the more sideways I am, the faster I go"....lol

17. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Just think how much faster Stoner could be if he quit sliding around so much... :)

18. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Mind boggling isn't it. :)

19. a next to the last lap pass for the lead doesn't mean you were fastest that lap but it still might make you the winner

20. FPR297

FPR297 Member

Marquez is one of the most talented riders in the world. He could have been world champion last year had it not been for a big crash hitting a wet spot on the track and getting injured. He was actually more dominant last year. He is a good kid from a good family.