1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making a Murderer?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lawn Dart, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Did anybody watch this? I'm hoping some of our attorney friends did... I'm not going to discuss if people haven't had a chance to see it... I don't think I've been so invested in a case like this before. It's like a train wreck you're not sure is even really happening, but you're watching it happen.

cajun636 likes this.
  2. minman26

minman26 Well-Known Member

Halfway through. Amazing show. already 200k signatures for petition for his release.
    I'm not going to put any spoilers but in for the discussion if this gather momentum... which it will...

3. Lawn Dart

LOL. You just did.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Haven't and won't see it but I can't help but wonder what they left out in name of entertainment and awards and accolades chasing.

5. Lawn Dart

Well, that's one question I have, out of probably hundreds. From what I've been told, a vast majority who've seen the series go on to research a bit more... Either way, this was masterful storytelling. Makes me wonder what other similar stories are out there.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, talk to prisoners and 98% of them are innocent and 98% of that 98% were framed. :D

cajun636 likes this.
  7. Lawn Dart

True. This story is convoluted as hell though... Honestly, it reminds me of an old southern family feud more than anything... Small town, everybody knows, or is related, to everybody... Local police thinks a family of dumb rednecks are all shitbirds. Opportunity and coincidence give way to mayhem...

8. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Growing up within an hour of Manitowoc and watching this all unfold at the time ... I won't watch this pile. It's pure fabricated story-telling. He's guilty as shit and deserves to rot in prison.

9. Lawn Dart

What makes you say this? I'm truly interested in what wasn't covered. I've read about a couple of things, but none that make a huge difference in the story.

10. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I don't know what wasn't covered ... I won't watch it. But what I do know is that there was very little question behind the total evidence. From what I've read/heard about the "documentary", they left out some pretty significant pieces of info. One that I've read is the fact that all of the belongings of her purse were found in the burn barrel as well. The cops have all that to "plant" as well? Or how about the bones in the burn barrel being under tire cords, just exactly as Dassey had claimed in his confession? I know, I know, the cops fed him that info and forced his confession ... Right? Why would an innocent man have had to use the *67 privacy feature of his phone to call her multiple times? Why hide anything if it was all on the up & up?

Follow your original post and do some research on the topic. It was either the world's greatest setup down to every last detail, including having his non-blood DNA available, or the psycho deserves to rot. I, personally, don't believe that any local police agency is sophisticated enough to cover EVERY angle that perfectly.

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Did anybody watch what? I don't see a link to anything.

12. Lawn Dart

It's a show on Netflix. Nothing to link to.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Be gentle with Orvis.

14. Lawn Dart

You're missing a lot of info. Just the same as the police aren't sophisticated enough, the Avery family isn't smart enough to pull off some things that would have had to been done to present the situation as it was presented. How does a bullet get OUTSIDE a body, with someone's DNA on it (the victim) but no blood presence whatsoever? None. Anywhere. And the location it was found (the bullet) was not easy to clean. In fact, I'd wager it's impossible to clean in such a way that blood spatter wouldn't be missed during cleaning.

Even at the end, there's so much that doesn't add up.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  15. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I did watch it all and have done hours of follow research and I'm torn.

It would not be that hard to plant the evidence in the way reported.

Lank and the other deputy are scumbags of the highest order and you could see that from watching them speak and weasel out of lies they were busted telling.

At the very minimum, he should not be allowed out, but get another trial in another county or state or even Supreme Court.

There were a lot of shitty shady dealings in that case in every aspect.

I don't believe for a second that the nephew was smart enough to confess. I can't believe he can even tie his shoes.

SpeedyE likes this.
  16. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Also her throat was slit but the bedroom didn't have a single drop of blood? How you gonna get a body out with no blood especially from 10 shots and a slashed throat??

And after 4 searches then lank found the key when he wasn't even supposed to be at the scene and also didn't register to be on the scene?? Come on

17. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Again ... I lived through that on a daily basis with it happening in my own back yard up here. I simply pointed out a few of the inconsistencies in the movie, and stuff I understand they glazed over.

I would argue Dassey wasn't smart enough to try and lie in his confession. You don't have to be intelligent to spit out what took place. You do have to be intelligent enough to piece together a web of lies ... Which he wasn't.

18. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Do some research and you'll see evidence that isn't presented on Netflix and leaves no doubt that he's guilty.

And it's all on the record.

cajun636 likes this.
  19. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Just finished it. I'll say from a law standpoint MAN did they do a bunch of fucked up shit. Link being allowed and going back onto the property. I will do some more of my own research. Petitions from retards online mean absolutely nothing. The fact that it has generated so much buzz might get him a retrial. But like someone else mentioned. If he gets one it needs to be done far away from there.

Procedurally I can't believe that any of that compromising of that scene was done at all. Him being framed by the police.... Well like Funk said. that would have to be the most perfect framing ever.

Dassey I think was just so dumb, he walked right into that conviction. Ultimately I think he might get off.

20. Lawn Dart

What evidence are you speaking to specifically?

I've done research. There's a lot that leaves room for doubt. They didn't establish motive. It's not clear where she was killed. They failed to establish the actual manner in which she was killed. They didn't establish rape, beating, stabbing, slashing, choking or any other mutilation they so freely paraded in front of the media before charges were finalized.