1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making a Murderer?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lawn Dart, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

That's where stuff doesn't add up. If you saw the garage, there's no way they could clean it of her blood/DNA, and leave a bullet behind. To me, that defies physics. They showed the video of the first time the police opened it. It was a shithole with stuff just piled up in there. But, they clean the garage better than 95% of forensics people could, and miss "clear as day" smudges in weird places on the car? (next to where the key goes, and inside the passenger side door jam, at the bottom, I believe). If I remember right, the discussion was not a lack of DNA in the garage, just a lack of her DNA. I'm still not clear on where his blood would have come from.

Same as inside the house... If she's tied up on the bed and being raped, there's DNA EVERYWHERE... Even if they plastic sheet the place, etc, there's saliva, hair, skin, whatever... They found none... Either these guys just aren't that smart, or they're brilliant. I know the kid has an IQ of 70 and can't read past 4th grade. I can't imagine his uncle is a ton smarter...

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You've been watching too much CSI, there isn't always going to be a ton of DNA everywhere even with being tied to the bed and raped and a struggle. It also depends on where/when they got samples as well. Lack of evidence doesn't prove anything one way or another, you can't take lack of DNA in an area as proof she wasn't there.

3. Lawn Dart

And that's exactly the problem. You don't need proof she wasn't there. You need proof she WAS there.

What I've found interesting and fascinating is that they dropped the charges of kidnapping, sexual assault, and (I think) false imprisonment. He was eventually found not guilty of "mutilating a body". He was only found guilty of murder and "a felon possessing a firearm". But, his nephew was found guilty of rape, murder, and mutilation...

Also of interest - they never found the knife. They tested many from the house and the garage... Dassey's story was that he had a knife from the house and stabbed her on the bed. Then it was he stabbed her in the garage. Then when it didn't add up that it was a knife from the house, it changed to a knife from the garage... They never found it, nor do I think they found evidence of stabbing on the remains. The gunshots were a definite - there were partial bullet holes in the fragments of cranium left.

4. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I'll go with what Sean just said. Too much CSI. If she was raped on the bed, it would be on the sheets, the prosecution mentioned that they found leg shackles and handcuffs they just never said whether or not it had DNA. But really, who the fuck has leg shackles??? Did you SEE that fucking garage!?!? a .22 caliber round would be VERY easy to go unnoticed. And.... Now this is not a slight, but seriously, Have you ever been to a crime scene of a Murder!??? It's not like in the movies, obvious clues are looked for, and some times gone over several times, but without any type of look for the gun/knife then it is a general search for obvious evidence.

I agree, if you watch the movie, the first thing you say is HOLY FUCK, where is the DNA on the bed if that's where it happened! But she wasn't killed on the bed, she was killed in the garage, and you may or may not have had sex before, but how often does it get sooooo sloppy that it goes all the way down to the mattress. Dassey stated that they burned the sheets. Shit man I got some land to sell you down here in NOLA. Won't sink and will stay dry as shit. I saw it happen on TV once about New Orleans so that's good enough proof.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why do you need proof she was there in that room? Seems like the jury was okay without specific dna proof of that.

Charges and dropping them as best I can tell doesn't follow any sort of logical thought pattern. Just depends on the prosecutors and what they specifically want to push for - or even what they want to hold back in case they lose the one trial.

6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

That part is simple, because they didn't need to tack on the extra charges. They knew that the case with Dassey was loose as shit. Those charges were based soley on his testimony. But it seemed between the DNA on the hood, the events leading up to it, ....... wait a second.. . Dart did you read the damn Interview of Dassey???

Fuck ok, who here has watched the thing and read the entire interview. I'll wait... Because I have.

7. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

They dropped the charges because Dassey is an idiot and you don't want to have all of your charges based on another persons arrest on one person, who recanted their testimony several times as the basis for your charge. They didn't need the charge, they wanted to focus all the attention onto the one charge, not other bullshit. Focus all the attention on their evidence on that one charge.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Makes sense.

9. Lawn Dart

This just went from a good, reasoned discussion of the evidence to something completely different. I wasn't getting personal, not sure why you feel the need to, Officer.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That was personal? You have been off the beeb for a while :D

cajun636 likes this.
  11. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Personal? Where was I personal lol

Oh because of the CSI comment or was it the Land part. It's all in a joking manner man don't get your feelings hurt. No seriously, If the cussing offense you... Well harden up pussy!! :D

Lawn Dart likes this.
  12. Lawn Dart

I'm not offended, it was to get my point across. Clearly, "feelings" were becoming involved to make those kinds of statements.

13. Lawn Dart

I'm just saying, if sex doesn't penetrate the bedsheet, either you're a bedwetter with rubber sheets, or she's counting the seconds until its over. :D

14. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Now you are getting personal and questioning my banging skills. I'm gonna have to take it to the next level tonight and post pics!

15. brex

brex Well-Known Member

You mean like a rape victim would?

16. Lawn Dart

That's fucked up, mang... No pun intended.

17. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

It's also nice how they downplayed the cat incident as a "bad decision" on netflix as well. I know some people downright hate animals, but to claim you just "tossed the cat over a fire" and completely leave out that you had previously doused it with gasoline and oil if f'd up. He should rot just for that.

18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

My statement? I was just proving a point. You think there should be something, then make a statement like that. Think about it a bit.

19. Lawn Dart

What point are you making? I don't see the relevance. Explain like I'm 5.

20. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

This also. Well given today's day and age especially. I think back in the day animal abuse was wayyyyy more wide spread.