1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make some cash racing this weekend!

Discussion in 'General' started by McGixxer, Oct 16, 2012.

1. McGixxer

McGixxer Well-Known Member

http://www.southalabamaspeedway.com/

Look, we need some more people to come out and race at Southern Alabama Speedway in Opp Alabama this weekend.

They are paying out $90 for last place!!! All you need is a motorcycle and a helmet to race! You dont have to have a race license or full leathers etc... Its a "run whatcha brung" style race. We have sportbikes mixed with motards out there. If its got two wheels bring it, and youll be amazed at how much fun youll have!

If you get above 10th place youll get more than $90! The races are this Friday the 19th and Saturday the 20th. There is a practice starting at 5:00 PM and then we race later on that night! Entry fee is $25 per night (or $40 for both)

Hit me up if ya need more info! Call or Text
    85 OHhhh -51 SIX -452 NINE

We've been doing these races for the past year at several of the banked ovals in the south east and they are a LOT of fun!

2. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

That sounds safe...

3. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

No leathers?

:Pop:

4. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

So it's racing around an oval with concrete walls riding whatever ya got with a grid of folks who don't need leathers or race experience to participate.

Marvelous.

5. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

'Busas vs. 'Tards. :D

6. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

so you ride sportbikes in circles?

7. Suburbanrancher

I'd mount a skull on my fender and whip a chain at the other riders. You can't half-ass playing 'Road Rash'.

8. McGixxer

Lol, no... I race in full race gear. But we do have one local that races each of these in a rider jacket and leather pants, etc... I wouldn't do it, but he does, and he's really good.

BTW, the wall is only on the straight.

9. McGixxer

10. McGixxer

Big ass trophies, up to $600 for 1st

11. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

I wanted to make it out for this one Shannon, but I'm going to be out of town :(

12. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

tha shi cray

13. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Guys, this is the SMARS series.

Shannon makes it sound like you got guys in flip flops on Busas.

The only real danger is there are amateurs racing with Pros with speed differences.

There is one wall at this track on the front straight. Dont go near it:)

The Pros, are that the track, fans, crews, etc go FUCKING NUTS watching us race. To the point that we literally HAVE to spend like an hour signing autographs.... The lines are THAT FUCKING LONG!!! If I had shirts, Id make a grand a night easy, just selling shirts and hats....

They dont care if you're first or last... They LOVE BIKES!!!

You WILL make $$$$

You can easily take home $300-$1000 if you're fast.

Yes its circles, but Imagine going into turn 5 at BARBER over and over and over again......

I have posted the videos a few times so I wont bother to keep it going but if ya got nothing to do, its A LOT OF FUN!!

facebook.com/SMARSRACING

14. joec

joec brace yourself

you need a vintage class. haha.

15. crazywolf450r

Damn I wanna go do it

16. RevRacing

RevRacing Well-Known Member

This is freakin' awesome!

Wait you actually have a shitload of spectators show up and go bonkers and spend money?

But it's not roadracing so it sucks and is horrible and gay. Fucking pretentious assholes...

17. crazywolf450r

Like!

I'm all about getting my racing fix every now and then AND making money!

18. McGixxer

We have thousands of people watching us race. They are there for the cars and all their classes but go Ape Shit over us. They either use us as the opening race or the "main event" my last race I signed a few hundred autographs, and even some ladies' body parts. Chicks were straight up ready to pounce on me. They think we're all like MotoGP rock stars or something LOL

But seriously, it's a shit ton of fun, we've done a lot of races the past 12 months, it's not busas and flip flops, see the grid of the above picture!

19. Suburbanrancher

Yes, we're all pretentious with our leathers and 'standards', being such asses we even want the other racers to make it through safe.

Hey Mongo, can I wear jeans next season? They're so much cheaper then leathers, look cool and the fans dig it.

That dude in the jeans and workboots is in a world of hurt when he goes down. Though apparently it's pretentious to say that.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry but fans or no fans - as soon as the comment "the wall is there just don't go near it" comes out I can't give it any credibility. It's cool, it's great fans come see it, but it's dangerous and I'd hate for one of our extended family to die no matter how many people are cheering.

Also seriously, this is a roadracing site, of course people here are going to be prone to discounting things not roadracing :crackup: