1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loud ass generators are not even remotely friendly

Discussion in 'General' started by roy826ex, Feb 19, 2016.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

At full output it'll run for under 15 minutes.

3. Rance Taylor

Rance Taylor Well-Known Member

What brand do you have?

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Acme Tools? What could go wrong?

[​IMG]

backbone, Phl218, TurboBlew and 3 others like this.
  6. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

At the risk of imploding the Beeb... do some of you guys run warmers on 200* maxed out all friggin day? Why? Do the words 'heat cycle' make you tremble?:confused:

IMHO, a track day would be the most use. Come off track, install blankets, then 5-10 minutes before the next session, turn the warmers on. So... 10 mins max/hour of 1500W draw. A typical day (8 sessions) is only 80 mins max for 1500 watts of dual warmer output. Am I missing something?

I also don't understand running a generator ALL night:mad:. Even a large fridge and exhaust fan can last through quiet hours with a single 12V car battery. What the heck is going on in there? Watching pron on a tube TV??

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Only if it has a rippin' ass loud exhaust.
    Inverters must be shut down. :D

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

A/C as well as radio and transponder charging depending on the situation/track.

TLR67 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  9. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I do.

why?

Because I fucking can!!!!

AC and sleeping in a toy hauler that isn’t a sauna is pretty awesome

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It is a Northern Tool In house brand. The only real designation on the unit is the model. NH or NT5800. I will grab the info this afternoon. I have had it better than a decade so there is probably a newer version of it.

Rance Taylor likes this.
  11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

10 minutes on warmers won't do jack shit

12. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

In the south we only run 3 things at night:
    1. AC
    2. AC
    3. another AC

13. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Quiet generators rock! Run a Yamaha, Honda, (or older Suzuki) next to your camping neighbors all night long, and they'll compliment you the next day. Extra quiet when you point the exhaust away from folks, and lean a piece of plywood or even cardboard against the intake / mechanical noise side.

CRA_Fizzer and Razr like this.
  14. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Is that a true statement? I just ran the gamut of emotions from "YES!!" to "womp womp" in two posts.

15. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Actual runtime is likely less ‘cause nothing is 100% efficient, but that’s what the math says if their specs are accurate.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  16. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I actually cancelled an air b&b last minute because my wife booked it and it had no AC in the dead of August humidity that she didn't tell me til the day before

I cant sleep worth a fuck in a hot room. If I'm gonna be tired and sweaty it sure as heck isn't going to be while resting on vacation

I'd see my breath in bed if I could afford it

17. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Hey bumping this up as I'm looking for a small generator just to run a set of tire warmers on a supermoto bike and don't want to bring the entire trailer and 6500watt Honda.
    I saw a Ryobi at Home depot that might fit the bill.
    Any insights or suggestions?

Attached Files:

18. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I bought a 3600W Wen last month for $410 shipped from the company. Arrived at my house in two days and the little bit I've run it makes me believe it's a winner.

Buell1965 and tony 340 like this.
  19. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Why not save $100 and get the Predator 2000 from Harbor Freight? That's a proven platform that many people (including yours truly) have had success with.

mpusch and evakat like this.
  20. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

I have a champion 2000w inverter that runs my warmers, fans, and anything that needs a charge all day long no issues. It was $350