1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lots of gun threads, what about a knife thread?

Discussion in 'General' started by studio819, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

I carry a H&K Tumult Auto Knife all day everyday. or my Benchmade infidel Double action out the front,double edge Spear point.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  2. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Best sharpener I've used is the Skarb.

3. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Microtech OTF

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid:

5. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

First review on Amazon for this knife is priceless:

Blur might be the last thing they see, March 24, 2006
    By Scott BurrightThis review is from: Kershaw Ken Onion Tactical Blur Folding Knife with Speed Safe (Sports)
    I hate to feed into the mentality that causes knifemakers to hype their blades as "tactical," because the last thing we need to give lawmakers is another excuse to heroically protect us by banning the tools we carry. But the first and last thing I have to say about the Ken Onion Tactical Blur is that it is one fearsome knife.

A curved blade would be suited to your usual cutting and slicing applications, such as skinning mastodons and so on. This knife, on the other hand, has a chisel-like tanto point, which is ideal for thrusting effortlessly through beef ribs or car hoods. It would be equally at home cutting up cardboard boxes, linoleum flooring, or metal garbage cans.

Technically, this isn't a switchblade. Switchblades are bad. We know this because our lawmakers have heroically protected us by effectively banning them at various levels. This is only an ordinary liner-lock knife with spring-assisted opening. But if I ever found a switchblade with the deployment speed and cutting power of the Blur, I'd say it was quite a knife.

The blade is shaving-sharp from the factory, and the handle is lightweight but sturdy aluminum with some kind of gritty sandpaper-like stuff glued on to give a better grip should the knife become slippery with any sort of fluid. Use your imagination. I haven't tried shattering any cinderblocks with it yet, but it's sturdy enough to use as a yawara stick in a pinch.

Folded, the whole package can be palmed even in my small hands and feels much like a disposable lighter with a glandular problem. I don't even notice it in my hip pocket, which is where it rides whenever I happen to be wearing pants.

If walking around with something this fearsome seems too naughty for you, remember a couple of things. One is that you can buy it from The Wall for $55, and The Wall would not sell naughty things to naughty people. Another is that crimes, to my knowledge, are not generally committed with knives like these, but with such evil implements as kitchen knives, screwdrivers, and whatever happens to be lying around near the crime scene. Lastly, you will probably not need a knife this fast and ferocious, but if you do, you will *really* need it. And you'll have it.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

My favorite of all the Kershaws I've had is this -

[​IMG]

Loved the way it opened and closed and really liked the grippy stuff for one handed use, a little rough sliding in a pocket but nothing major.

I sharpen mine by buying new due to having to throw them away at the airport or dropping them enough to trash the tips (yes, it can be fixed, yes it's a good excuse to buy a new knife).

7. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

One's knife is sharpened when one can "shave a spider's ass." (from Game of Thrones)

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Ginsu! You can cut a beer can and it'll still be sharp enough to cut the f@ck out of a tomato.

If you order today, you get a Ginsu knife and a smokeless ashtray

9. SloMo510

SloMo510 Still Slow

THIS KNIFE

love it, i sent mine to be reconditioned and sharpened (cost me the $5bucks postage) lifetime warranty, came back sharper than i could ever make it..

i carry the blur everyday, but if i need to wear dress pants or something less bulky then i have a leek which is as sharp as an xacto knife
    [​IMG]

10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I like my Buck 110...it's a classic folder.

My fixed-blades have been traded away...Gerber MkI, MkII and Guardian.

I use an Accusharp to keep a working edge on the machetes and the Buck...quick, easy, cheap. I wouldn't use it on a high dollar blade but, then again, I wouldn't use a high dollar blade as an utility tool.

11. charles

charles The Transporter

How many have been in a knife fight? If so, post pics of yer scars and such...which knife would you prefer if a knife fight was for certain? Has anyone here taken training in knife fighting, military or civilian? do you have a favorite movie knife fight?

Also, other than that one big fat guy in boots (he got convicted for stealing motorcycles and there was a pic of him here) holding a samurai sword, I don't think there has been a thread about swords. Which type do you have, and do you keep it for an ornament or do you intend to lop off someone's head or disembowel someone (in self defense)?

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was stabbed by a crazy chick with an xacto knife, that count? :D

What knife do I want in a knife fight? M1911A1 at 10 feet.

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I thought the crazy girl thread WAS the knife thread.

14. Mblashfield

15. Mblashfield

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I started one once...it didn't go along the lines you're thinkin'.
    http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=249995&highlight=sword

Since that thread, I've found a machete with a 28" blade. I think that qualifies as a sword. :D
    Recently, I saw an ad for a "WWII japanese sword"...gonna take a slightly educated look. Yeah, I'd be in the backyard with it, slashin' mother nature. If it's real, it wont care. Samurais will be rollin' in their graves.

17. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Kershaw will put you a new blade on it for nothing.......NEVERMIND, just send it to me and I'll pay for your postage and give you $5.:D I keep 6 of them in rotation and send them back when dull. Three came back with new blades. Outstanding knife and company. All my associates at work will get one this year.

18. orientexpress11

orientexpress11 Well-Known Member

I've only seen a few knife fighters in the tacticool training community, but the few that there are, let's just say that I wouldn't want to get within 100 yards of someone that lethal.

If I was for certain to get into a knife fight, I would want my Emerson Karambit.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Rotation? For what? Serial killing? Slashing tourists?

20. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Defense. Crazy girls trying to fracture my p#nis.