1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lots of gun threads, what about a knife thread?

Discussion in 'General' started by studio819, Dec 11, 2012.

1. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

Looking for some info on a high quality utility knife. Fold up, stays sharp, doesn't collapse and gauge your fingers up type of knife.

Brands?
    Styles?
    Expected prices?
    Recommended length (as in over this length of blade it is illegal or useless)?

2. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I like butter.

3. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

4. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

I've had good luck with my SOGs. My brother started with SOGs and has since moved on to Benchmade, but they are a little too rich for my blood.

5. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

My Kershaw knife is the cats ass.

6. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

7. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Kershaw and Benchmade. Stay away from most of the CRKT knives. I have an assisted opener CRKT that I won't go near, after it took a chunk out of my thumb when opening it.

8. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

9. metalkid88

metalkid88 Well-Known Member

kershaw or gerber enough said

10. I dig the SOGs fersure, but I really like this new Kershaw. Super fast open and close and all 1 handed.

Attached Files:

NemesisR6 likes this.
  11. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I have had this old folding Buck knife for about 16 years that has stayed sharp ever since I bought it. You have to be an adult though because it will cut you good.

12. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I carry a leatherman skeletool or a victorinox. If it doesn't have something to undo phillips and regular screws, I'm not sure why I'd carry it every day. If hunting, then I'd want a single purpose knife.

13. Sheeiitt. You must never use it or you don't know sharp. 16 years of non use will dull a knife just thru atmospheric juju.

14. metalkid88

metalkid88 Well-Known Member

seriously. I carry a single purpose knife mostly everyday and are sharpening it more often than not. 16 years without sharpening a knife and a spoon would be sharper than my shit.

15. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

[​IMG]

Here are a few of the sub $90 knives I have. Out of all of them, the silver Kershaw gets the most use. They are all assisted openers except the large CRKT, which doesn't need an assist because of the blade design. The silver Kershaw is a frame lock knife, the rest are liner lock. The little CRKT is the one that cut my thumb.

A guy (named Guy), :D that I used to chat with at a local coffee shop when I was younger, started his own knife company and many people are impressed with their quality. They are a little hard to get because of the smaller size of his operation.
    http://www.surviveknives.com/

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

17. punkadilly

punkadilly Well-Known Member

I have a Boker Plus & my barn knife (Browning)

18. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

Those Benchmade knives are pretty cool looking but as just a knife to carry on me, $130-180 is a bit rich for my blood

19. orientexpress11

orientexpress11 Well-Known Member

I stopped carrying straight edged knives, but the Kershaw Ken Onion would get my vote for a cheaper daily-use knife.

20. deathblow

deathblow Well-Known Member

Hinderer makes awesome knives.