1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little Talledega headache

Discussion in 'General' started by lateapexer, Feb 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. lateapexer

lateapexer Local slow poke

So here's the deal, I've been going to this little track that's as old as I am every year since 2008. It simply does not matter if I'm on your daughter's barbie tricycle or Rea's ZX10..... I cannot go around this track like I want to. My goal for the past 5 years has been to go sub-minutes around there. I've done classes (which ultimately discussed form and bad habits) , talked to Opie (huge help), and most recently sold my soul to the dark one. Joke's on him really, I have no soul. Anyways, you get the point, I suck! I've been able to crack into the 1:02's here and there but I know my lines are garbage somewhere. I'm likely still running defensive lines and not fast ones. I really don't care about winning races there as much as I do just getting this monkey off my back. So if you are one of these people that I dislike because you can run 58s, 59s all day long around there please let me know. Coaches would be welcomed or even just some tips where the common mistakes are.

Thanks guys and girls!

2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Moar gas, less break?

track wagon and lateapexer like this.
  3. lateapexer

What a genius theory!

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

testicular augmentation

5. lateapexer

If I go through that procedure and it doesn't make me drop a couple seconds, I'm going to be pissed

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, this is gonna be a stupid question but, have you tried following a fast guy around the place for a lap or 12?

ducnut likes this.
  7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

What is your worst section?

8. Phl218

Phl218 .

ride endurance there on a small bike. clock in laps til you get tired and or start playing around. that's what Parrish told me how he got so fast there. (and other places) helps being fast from the get-go.

John Hancock, Shenanigans and ToofPic like this.
  9. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Honestly, the biggest differance between a 1:02 guy and a :57 guy is where they squeeze the lever at. Work on moving your brake markers in.

John Hancock and Kris87 like this.
  10. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

So.... Bacon was right on the money ..:D:crackup:

Phl218 likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's not the easiest thing to do but it truly is the answer most of the time.

lateapexer and motoracer1100 like this.
  12. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Braking at tally. Especially going into the bowl ad keeping speed through it. I literally blow past so many on the brakes there.

418, lateapexer and Kris87 like this.
  13. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I was stuck in the 3's forever until I latched on to Robby Bobby one weekend. The mystery is really running it in deep in 4-5, get a good drive out so you can carry speed through 6-7.

He may act like a turd in here at times but he really is a solid guy at the track. He was always willing to answer any questions I had.

14. khill

khill Well-Known Member

Amateur internet training will net you amateur results.....

There are about a gazillion possibilities. Hire a professional to evaluate your riding and then build a plan to fix it.

Ken

15. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Tape your transponder to one of the fast guys' bikes, then post your lap time sheet on the internet so you can brag.

badmoon692008, 5axis, ToofPic and 5 others like this.
  17. Phl218

Phl218 .

Or throw it iver the finish line in the last lap before crossing it

K51000 likes this.
  18. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I ran :01's there on a superstock SV. Its a physically demanding track. I think as someone else mentioned, its all about the brakes and how good you are at trail braking. The place is brutal on your forearms and triceps. I always thought it was one of the hardest places to go really fast due to lack of rest. You really have to force yourself to push every corner, every lap.

19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

This. You wanna latch on to a fast guy? Well...

20. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Buy a laptimer like the aim solo, ask Opie or another sub minute guy to use it for a session or race, then compare it to your session with the laptimer. Even better if you have data.

younglion likes this.